Customer Service 866.965.0400

couple quick Q's about bug guts and claying

mrmsmop

Question

i had some pretty good sized bug guts on front end of car. did a two bucket wash washed the bug guts several times still have marks on paint from them clayed them there still there but smooth to touch once i start scratch removal with porter cable will it be ok to use the machine over these marks and will they come out? also need to remove sealent and wax car dealer put on this car when i bought it and they real swirled this car, took it back to get it redone they made it worse. will claying get this stuff off or do i need to do something else? any advice is appreciated im new to this stuff

6 answers to this question

To strip off the wax....use a dawn wash. Do not do this regularly...I do it about once a year when I see buildup.

For severe bugs, DO NOT use the machine on it before they are gone. LOL

You can use a waterless wash towel and soak the towel with WW. Then place it on the area for about 10 minutes...let the bug guts soften....that should help.

Depends on how long the guts were on there and baked into the paint.

I would use 50:50 Water and Rubbing Alcohol in a spray bottle to remove wax. It gives you more control. Dawn will dry out plastic if you wash your entire car with it.

The more I read the more I hear Dawn is bad for rubbers and trim. Is the APC / shampoo solution also bad for rubber and trim since it works as a cleaner too?

Archived