Customer Service 866.965.0400

Where do I find polishing pads?

Adamized

Question

This weekend I want to detail my Acura. I have a polisher that is random orbital sort of, Harbour Freight tool.

Anyways, where in MA can I go out and buy 6.5 inch polishing pads? Obviously it won't be Adams but oh well. Need to learn how to use it.

14 answers to this question

This weekend I want to detail my Acura. I have a polisher that is random orbital sort of, Harbour Freight tool.

Anyways, where in MA can I go out and buy 6.5 inch polishing pads? Obviously it won't be Adams but oh well. Need to learn how to use it.

Make and model of tool? If it is what I think it is you aren't gonna be able to use foam pads with it anyways.

2nd one.

What you bought then is a rotary polisher, not a random orbital. According to the site it runs at 1000-3500 RPM (revolutions per minute) not OPM.

I'd highly recommend if you're not experienced with machine polishing you not take that to your paint. You risk doing some serious damage and/or will likely introduce holograms.

photo12.jpg

What you bought then is a rotary polisher, not a random orbital. According to the site it runs at 1000-3500 RPM (revolutions per minute) not OPM.

I'd highly recommend if you're not experienced with machine polishing you not take that to your paint. You risk doing some serious damage and/or will likely introduce holograms.

photo12.jpg

Damn. I was really looking forward to it. The porter cable is available at my Lowes but i need those polishing pads locally.. I cant wait! Its so nice out this weekend.

if you just found adams your paint is most likely not in the shape that you will be able to correct it in one weekend anyways... machine polishing with the pc isnt hard but its not exactly easy either, it takes practice. welcome aboard

Archived