Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just wondering

694doorbird

Question

Don't have a PC/Flex (financial advisory won't let me buy one), but I've been wondering. I'm under the assumption, that a little bit of clear is taken off with a complete correction. If using a machine to correct your paint, (on the average) how many times can it be done before the clear coat is completely gone? How can one tell without having a high dollar thickness gauge?

3 answers to this question

to my knowledge it takes many many many corrections to take down the clear if done correctly, but if improper technique is done with something such as a rotary polisher it is very easy to take off a large portion of clear. Im sure more pro's will chime in but if proper technique is used it takes hundreds if not thousands of corrections to work the clear coat all the way down, the rest of the car will be deteriorated by the time that comes I believe.

My finacial advisor would have said no if I asked her if I could have one. So I didn't tell her.

You are correct that a paint correct will take a little clear down, but we are talking such a small amount that, like Josh said, it takes a very long time. You are more smoothing out the clear and cutting down or softening the edges. If you have never done any paint correction before or do not feel confident, get the PC. It is the safest machine. As Adam told me, the only way you will hurt your paint with a PC is if you turn it upside down and try to buff with the back of the machine. You can hurt the paint with a PC but you have to make an effort to do so. Get some training before you begin a paint correction. Watch the Adam's videos and Junkman's videos. When you feel confident with the PC upgrade to a Flex.

Archived