Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wet Sanding VS Pad on Drill

Luken10

Question

Hey guys quick question for all of you. I am trying to remove some fine scratches on my vehicle and I was wondering what is the best way to do it. Is it safer to use a pad on a drill, or just get out some super fine sand paper? Figured the PC isn't enough to get the job done, so I need a little extra OOMPH. The car has a quality aftermarket paint job so I know that i have a tiny bit of wiggle room. Just looking for some opinions!

I still see that a minimal amount of damage remains. All of that was definitely not going to come out. The best you can hope for is somewhat of a save. You didn't go through the clear coat on any spots did you? Those edges are very easy to strike through.

From my inspection I didn't notice any areas that were struck through. I was very careful on the edges on because of how easy it is to go through the clear. It also gets the most abuse when working around it. There is definitely minor damage left, but for my buddy it is 100% better. I Kind of wanted to see how much sanding it took to go through the clear since he wouldn't of cared, but I figured I would stay on the careful side and know my limits! Thanks for the compliments everyone!

I Kind of wanted to see how much sanding it took to go through the clear since he wouldn't of cared, but I figured I would stay on the careful side and know my limits! Thanks for the compliments everyone!

With 2000 grit, strike through can happen really fast. But you're right and Clint Eastwood said it best...

"A man's got to know his limitations." :thumbsup:

Yeah...junkiebabes....this junkette is too much....know ur limits.lol

Wet sanding can help many a situation. In detail school they said to have paint thickness gauge like junkman said. We did my car in class- had orange peel goin on after new paint job after 90 day wait. It was scary first time I did it. I am very very careful ....

Nice job and good luck with future endeavors!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Well if you want to remove scratches from car so start soaking your sanding papers for at 35 minutes in a bowl of water and a some drops of good Hair shampoo. You should have three grits. Because these grit particles, can come off in the water dip your papers in separate pails to avoid cross-contamination.  

Edited by Jacobb