Customer Service 866.965.0400

Curbed Wheel Repair

matts88yj

Hey gang I didn't want to put this in the wheel detailing section since it's not really dealing with any Adam's products but I wanted to see if anyone around my area (South Central PA) has any recommendations on a place that can fix some curbed wheels. The one isn't bad at all, very minor scraping and I think that one can be addressed without any issues. The second one I'm not so sure about. It was curbed a little more aggressively by the previous owner and then the day before the Adam's clinic in October when I was pulling into the gas station, a garbage truck cut me off and to avoid him, the rear wheel hit a concrete curb pretty hard. I cringed and winced so bad when filling up gas that I almost wanted to cry. Damn garbage truck.

Now here is the good news, I do have a brand new in the box 5th wheel ready to go. The bad news, they do not make this wheel anymore and I would like to run them for as long as possible. Would this be something for any local body shop or would it be strictly for a wheel shop? They are a painted wheel with clear coat. I almost don't want to post photos of it since it's bad but I figured if they could make it look not nearly as bad, I'll take out the brand new one and keep the most damaged one as a spare.

What are your takes on this? Thank you for any information you can provide!!

Im not an expert but do you have any close up pics. The style and finish sometimes plays a big factor. Sorry to hear about this. I once probably 13 years ago put some 18" niche chrome rims on my 97 gtp, after a few weeks my dumb &$$ hits a curb on the rear passenger rim, I'll never forget that sound of metal scraping concrete, it made me sick. I literally ruined my whole night, and it was a friday, couldn't shake the feeling in my gut!

I will try and get some photos up ASAP. I leave before it's light out and I get home when it's dark out. I hate this time of the year for that but I'll see about trying to get some in the sunlight and in the garage. Don't cringe too bad when you see the photos. I have a feeling the bad one won't be able to be repaired. :(

Hey Matt, you might check on a repair cost from these guys... looks like this is actually the Lancaster location.

Ha, you beat me to it. Ive seen their work and they do a really good job! I didn't know it but my rep at one of my distributors son ownes it. I was talking about it in the office and he overheard and said Hey! My son ownes that.

Anyway give them a call:2thumbs:

Hey Matt, you might check on a repair cost from these guys... looks like this is actually the Lancaster location.

Ha, you beat me to it. Ive seen their work and they do a really good job! I didn't know it but my rep at one of my distributors son ownes it. I was talking about it in the office and he overheard and said Hey! My son ownes that.

Anyway give them a call:2thumbs:

Thanks for the hookup and info guys!! Is the son active in working there? Maybe would help by dropping some names? :thumbsup: I'll give them a ring as soon as I get the summers off and the winters on. Thanks again!! It is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the hookup and info guys!! Is the son active in working there? Maybe would help by dropping some names? :thumbsup: I'll give them a ring as soon as I get the summers off and the winters on. Thanks again!! It is greatly appreciated!

Poking around their website I didn't realize that they were a franchise. I assume his son owns the south jersey franchise. He does awesome work, I'm sure the company is all the Same. I can't remember his first name but his last name is "Flamini":2thumbs:

Archived