Customer Service 866.965.0400

Thank you Adams! My bumper looks 100x better!

Masaki

This fact just ruined my hopes :(

I know, but it beats having to repaint the car unnecessarily. A lot of people don't realize just how thin the clear coat is on a car today. It ain't like the old days when manufacturer's took pride in their work, it's about saving money. Technology is now to the point were the clear coat and paint that doesn't hit the car during the painting process, is actually recycled. They have magnetized the paint and charged the panels so that one ounce of product is not lost. That's some serious engineering but I kinda of look at it as being very skimpy.

Another thing, painters don't wet sand a whole car by hand anymore. That's the caveman's way of doing it. They now use hand or palm sanders (if you're old school enough, you'll probably remember the jitterbug sanders). These sanders are similar to the old jitterbugs, just a lot more refined for wet sanding. They sand much more efficient and level, but can go through the clear coat extremely fast. They are sorta like a rotary in that they make child's play of the work, but are a lot more dangerous.

Archived