Customer Service 866.965.0400

MSS then BG

tony.steve

Question

So it wasnt rainy and nasty looking on my day off for once so I decided to do my winter detail prep. I compounded then polished then applied BG then my first coat of MSS. Gonna add cost two tomorrow. In my head doing the glaze then the sealant would seal in the gloss and filling properties of the glaze. Now I'm reading that I should done the reverse. What's the issues that could come along or for added knowledge what's the benefit of adding BG on top of MSS?

7 answers to this question

The MSS won't last nearly as long as you would want it to... likely it will only hold up as long as the glaze is on there which will be a matter of weeks rather than months had you applied it directly to the paint.

MSS works by bonding to the paint to a degree, where glaze more just rides along on top.

The MSS won't last nearly as long as you would want it to... likely it will only hold up as long as the glaze is on there which will be a matter of weeks rather than months had you applied it directly to the paint.

MSS works by bonding to the paint to a degree, where glaze more just rides along on top.

Haha you replied as I was typing my second post. Forgot how quickly this forum responds. Thanks for the answer.

The winning combo for me was always, MSS, then BG, and finally the last step being the Mother of all paste waxes, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:City w:st=<st1:place w:st="on">Americana</st1:place></st1:City>..Oh Ya :2thumbs:

I've aways heard of compound to but never knew what it was. Ive known SHR to be a polish. If both are the same then I see no problem with that. Just curious as to what u meant. Thought it was something u did different.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Archived