Customer Service 866.965.0400

Now you can buy a new 'original' FJ40 Landcruiser

AudiOx

I saw this on How It's Made last night and had to look it up.

Recreating a Classic SUV: The TLC ICON 4 X 4 - Top Speed

"In the future the company plans on building a "full electric" Icon with an optional diesel generator to "keep you off the grid." The electric ICON should boast excellent fuel economy. This electric ICON vehicle will be developed in partnership with 3rd Millenium Energy Inc LLC and Dyntrac. Lastly, the future also holds a pick-up version of the FJ45."

It doesn't mention it, but I wonder if it has airbags and more typical modern automotive features.

Really, really neat, but $88K!?! I was about to say "If only someone could build and sell a simple truck like that for about $20-$25K, I might be interested." And then it occurred to me: Jeep Wrangler. :lolsmack:

Well, they are all hand built. It's not like there's a huge assembly line.

I look at the stuff my company builds that we sell for $1MM or more and they are way less complex than a car. Yet, they are basically one off and have TONS of engineering design hours into each one.

The price difference between off-the-shelf mass-produced designs and hand-built one-offs is HUGE. 3-fold seems pretty reasonable.

How much do you think it would cost to have Adam's design you a special grade of polish and just sell you the one? $35? I don't think so.

Look how long it takes someone to restore a car. Then you see then sell at auction for $30K. I'm sure most of these folks have WAY more than that in these restorations.

By the way, I like how they have designs for the original Bronco and CJ-5 too. Cool.

Well, they are all hand built. It's not like there's a huge assembly line.

I look at the stuff my company builds that we sell for $1MM or more and they are way less complex than a car. Yet, they are basically one off and have TONS of engineering design hours into each one.

The price difference between off-the-shelf mass-produced designs and hand-built one-offs is HUGE. 3-fold seems pretty reasonable.

How much do you think it would cost to have Adam's design you a special grade of polish and just sell you the one? $35? I don't think so.

Look how long it takes someone to restore a car. Then you see then sell at auction for $30K. I'm sure most of these folks have WAY more than that in these restorations.

By the way, I like how they have designs for the original Bronco and CJ-5 too. Cool.

Oh, I know and appreciate everything that goes into things like that FJ. In all honesty, if money were no object for me I might be inclined to get something like that over a 100k Porsche... Because it IS so well done and unique/exclusive :2thumbs:

Archived