Customer Service 866.965.0400

Props to PDR

chas

I had posted about buying a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee last week and with the purchase of a used car sometime you inherit a ding or two. Well being as anal as I am about my vehicles appearance (as I am sure 99.99% of you are otherwise you wouldn't be on this forum) I had to have two minor dings removed. Took the truck to the PDR shop at lunch, 45 minutes later the truck is ding/dent free and I now have a great canvas for correction without any blemishes to distort a good finish. Just thought I would post this up as a props to PDR. Anyone else have any good PDR stories or testimonies?

I've had similar great experience with PDR. We have a great guy out here in Northern California that did some work on my Black TBSS. Had a ding on my hood (on the body line no less) and one on a door (stupid work platform got a little too close on my first ever wash when it was new). I let them bother me for a year or two and finally called the guy to come out. I'm soooooo glad I did. We also had him remove a tiny one from my wife's Rav4 and my buddy's Altima the same day. Absolutely perfect results on all of the vehicles and all right in my driveway.

I was caught in a hail storm last May (2" hail, but sped down the highway to the nearest overpass for shelter). According to the body shop, my car had 25 dents. I could only see a couple. The body shop used PDR. The car came out of the shop good as new...of course the car was only 3 weeks old.

I had it done to my red S4 back in '07 before I sold it. There were just a few dings that were bugging me. The guy came to my work and after inspection, pointed out about a dozen other smaller spots. He did the whole job for about $150 as I recall....a steal in my opinion.

The part I enjoyed was the few people that found me at work to tell me someone was 'messing' with my car in the parking lot. "What!:eek: Call the police!.....nah, just kidding. I'm having PDR done on the car."

The car turned out beautifully. It was already my baby, but looked brand new at 127000 miles. Still miss that car, and should have kept it as a backup/weekend car.

I feel like its almost worth have PDR done every couple years if you are planning on keeping a vehicle for an extended period of time. Well, let's first hope you don't get door dings too often but if it does occur, as life does happen, its well worth the investment in keeping a vehicle mint. I almost feel like taking a PDR class and learning how to do it myself.

i've got 2 very miniscule dings on the bed and tailgate of my truck and my wife's car has one below the driver door handle.

been thinking about going to a PDR place, but don't know if i should go to a shop or have a mobile unit come to me to do it. we're often so busy the only time we are available is friday afternoon and sometimes on the weekend.

for those that have done it, which kind of place do you prefer to take it to?

Ryan, I took mine to a shop only because it was literally down the street from my office building but the guy I took it to had a full mobile set up ready to go. If I didn't happen to have an open lunch I would have had to have someone come out to my home and do it as wll. I actually think most are mobile but rent out bays at body shops for the winter time like up here.

Archived