Customer Service 866.965.0400

Whitney Houston found dead

1FAST SS

Come on, let people morn or say some kind words. Not everyone was a whitney houson fan, myself included, but she, and her music, meant things to a lot of people. what if it haf been springsteen, or dylan, or tony bennet that died? Or carrol shelby or mario andretti?

Those people weren't glorified for their drug use like Whitney was !!!!! never will! Different set of circumstances. That's what these people want sympathy for their addictions and then sympthathy when dead? Can't have it both ways IMO. I love when they say she was a drug addict but she can sure sing! In my book the addiction trumps the body of work. Same for me with Michael Jackson drug addict,child molester ,wacko but he was such a talent???? That's how he wants to be remembered??? I think not. Same with Whitney! If I offend anyone it's not a personnel thing it's my opinion!

There isn't a big news event when a soldier gives his life for this country(and he was doing a hell of a lot more for the USA than she ever will).

The problem with that is when a campaign drags on for 10+ years, eventually we all become numb to hearing about our young men and women dying.

#agreed

Do feel the same about Elvis? Beetles? Steve Jobs? Chris Farley? Your family or friends? etc

Yes I do because that point is always brought up! It's really funny in this world that the funeral of Whitney Houston trumps the Elevation of all of the Bishops to Cardinals. Whether you are Catholic or whatever religion it was still a moving ceremony and one steeped in tradition. Do we have our priorities mixed up I would say so. One of my idols is Eddie Van Halen is in my book the greatest most innovative guitar players of all time and still a recovering and always will be an alcoholic!

In my book the addiction trumps the body of work.

Addiction trumps body of work. Hmmm.

There are a few well known people on this list...lets remember them because they did some drugs, ok? Never mind that many on that list changed the course of history.

http://rinf.com/alt-news/politics/history-of-presidential-drug-alcohol-abuse/2082/

Addiction trumps body of work. Hmmm.

There are a few well known people on this list...lets remember them because they did some drugs, ok? Never mind that many on that list changed the course of history.

http://rinf.com/alt-news/politics/history-of-presidential-drug-alcohol-abuse/2082/

Not denying their accomplishments you are missing the point I believe. Do you think the media is to blame? The addictions come as part of the package. He discovered this and that but he was a drug addict. Maybe it is the media. My point is I guess that the accomplishments and the addiction goes hand in hand! Sorry to offend but my statement about the tv coverage about the Cardinals is dead on we worship the wrong idols or are infatuated with the wrong ones

One of my idols is Eddie Van Halen is in my book the greatest most innovative guitar players of all time and still a recovering and always will be an alcoholic!
we worship the wrong idols or are infatuated with the wrong ones

I am still shocked at how people treat celebrities in general, they are just not that special. Oh you were in a movie, whoopty due. You make great music, sweet but you are not more special than I am or my family. I refuse to elevate anyone who does not deserve it.

But on the other hand I will not denounce or degrade a person due to an addiction or mental problems. Its not like she was killing children to pay for her drugs. I have no preference for Whitney but on the other hand it isn't fair to trash her because she chose to damage herself with drugs. The media makes a huge deal about a celebrity period, drugs/death/whoring around/etc. That gets really old fast. See Tim Tebow. Bottom line is they are trying to sell a story and everyone loves a good trainwreck.

Guest Luke Warmwater

Is it time yet for some Whitney Houston jokes?

I walked outside yesterday and thought it was snowing but it was just Whitney sneezing...

Archived