Customer Service 866.965.0400

Floor Jack

xkwj43z

I don't buy a lot of stuff at harbor freight, but I have actually been very happy with my low-profile lightweight racing jack that I bought from them. It was about $60 with one of their ubiquitous coupons. As with any jack, though, never work under a car unless it's properly supported by jackstands.

image_11503.jpg

I don't buy a lot of stuff at harbor freight, but I have actually been very happy with my low-profile lightweight racing jack that I bought from them. It was about $60 with one of their ubiquitous coupons. As with any jack, though, never work under a car unless it's properly supported by jackstands.

Me too! I also got my stands there. It's a decent jack, but if I was going to use it everyday, I'd buy something beefier. For me, it works great.

Chris

Me too! I also got my stands there. It's a decent jack, but if I was going to use it everyday, I'd buy something beefier. For me, it works great.

Chris

I saw it too, thats the reason i went with the snap on. full race heavy duty, my safety isnt worth saving a little cash, plus since im young i figure this jack will last me the rest of my life or at least a good part of it.

I saw it too, thats the reason i went with the snap on. full race heavy duty, my safety isnt worth saving a little cash, plus since im young i figure this jack will last me the rest of my life or at least a good part of it.

SAFETY? I NEVER EVER rely on A jack to hold weight while I'm under it. I use jack stands at ALL times... :thumbsup: I don't care how much you pay for a hydraulic jack. ALWAYS use jack stands.

SAFETY? I NEVER EVER rely on A jack to hold weight while I'm under it. I use jack stands at ALL times... :thumbsup: I don't care how much you pay for a hydraulic jack. ALWAYS use jack stands.

Exactly -- all the jack needs to do is get the car up in the air. Once it's there you gotta use jack stands, weather it's a $20 Pep Boys jack or a $500 Snap-On jack.

When I have the car up in the air and on stands I generally do also leave the jack under there (with 95% of the load taken off of it) for safety, and if the wheels are off the car they generally go underneath, too -- both as yet another backup and also to keep them out of the way. :cheers:

exactly, since the snap on came with stands :2thumbs: if someone doesnt use jack stands when working under their car then I guess they get what's coming to them. reminds me of the Darwin awards book

OH and I use those plastic ramps when doing oil changes, but still use a jack stand or two under the car. The ramps are rated at 8000lbs I believe. Nothing I own including my 4x4 are anywhere near that. Although the Enclave is close. lol

Archived