Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clear Bra

GothamEMS

Question

I've had clear bras installed on three vehicles and a motorcycle over the years. I've had nothing but great luck with them all, well worth the money IMO. Just curious, those of you who have clear bras installed on your vehicles, what is your preferred cleaning method, as well as your choice of protectant?

22 answers to this question

It's Friday afternoon, after lunch time, and we are here talking about a Search function.

:lol:

Go Clay something!

:lolsmack:

^^^^ Bahahaha agreed!! :banana:

But clear bras are a great idea, but i like the idea of them more then having them on my car :D haha

Please don't be offended or apologize. Personally I would rather you ask. I would like to think that with the great group of people we have here, we would be able to help you quicker and friendlier than a search.

Mook

Appreciate that! That was where my mind was at when I posted the thread .:cheers:

Please don't be offended or apologize. Personally I would rather you ask. I would like to think that with the great group of people we have here, we would be able to help you quicker and friendlier than a search.

Mook

So. Have we helped the person asking the original question?

I really appreciate the search banter, in fact, maybe it should have its own thread or FAQ. As a cOmmunity, you think we would get something down? Please start one thread in the Lounge for it.

I just want to make sure we are helping the original question and staying focused is all. Lots of great minds here.

Nowhere near the same product... think of Opti-coat like another clear coat....

OK... I've been doing this awhile and what I've found is that there's nothing that acts like another clear coat.

Sounds like a great marketing ploy... Also sounds VERY VERY similar to AQS by the little reading I did.

Chris

When he said search, I believed he was talking about the forum search. Not Google.

I've read plenty and have had clear bras on my vehicles for about 10 year, but there is nothing like real time conversations.

Personally, I've used a cleaner wax after a real good wash, which works well. Any scuffs, scratches, or other physical imperfections, I've completely eliminated with a heat gun. You can heat this stuff up more than you think without the risk of permanent damage.

For the stubborn stuffs, denatured alcohol has worked great for me. Alcohol will haze or frost up the clear bra, similar to paint after a good wet sanding with 3000 grit. To fix this, just bust out your heat gun and BAM, shinny and new again. Big no no when treating a clear bra with a heat gun, DO NOT TOUCH the material when it is hot, WALK AWAY, and if you feel the need to touch it, wait until it is cold. Finger prints and oils from your hands will damage the warm material, and you'll have to start all over again.

Thanks for all the feedback!

When he said search, I believed he was talking about the forum search. Not Google.

Exactly. The forum search has many shortcomings, which is why you have to resort to Google if you want to search for certain things. By adding "site:adamsforums.com" it limits the results to the forum.

The problem with search on the forum is that it ignores three-letter words or shorter, so you were really only searching for "clear." Try typing "clear bra site:adamsforums.com" into Google and you'll get a lot more results.

Search is not your friend. I searched for clear bra and this thread came up. The other threads didn't seem to have anything to do with the subject.

The problem with search on the forum is that it ignores three-letter words or shorter, so you were really only searching for "clear." Try typing "clear bra site:adamsforums.com" into Google and you'll get a lot more results.

Search is not your friend. I searched for clear bra and this thread came up. The other threads didn't seem to have anything to do with the subject. I treat mine like regular paint as already stated.

I agree, that is why I posted this inquiry.

there are a lot of threads on this topic already. the search function is your friend ;)

but what you'll find is most the people with clear bras clean them the same as the rest of the car, and when it comes time to polish and wax, just tape off the edge and you can use FMP + white pad on a PC or Revive Polish by hand, and top it off with some MSS or QS

Search is not your friend. I searched for clear bra and this thread came up. The other threads didn't seem to have anything to do with the subject. I treat mine like regular paint as already stated.

I use Adams now defunct "Clear Polish" on mine, but FMP works fine.

For cleaning, I use Adams Car Wash like the rest of the car.

I've used all of Adams "waxes", and they all work great.

there are a lot of threads on this topic already. the search function is your friend ;)

but what you'll find is most the people with clear bras clean them the same as the rest of the car, and when it comes time to polish and wax, just tape off the edge and you can use FMP + white pad on a PC or Revive Polish by hand, and top it off with some MSS or QS

Archived