Customer Service 866.965.0400

WW Towel Acidentally Went Through Regular Laundry :(

DieHardBattery

Question

It was bound to happen sooner or later. My washing machine has a 3 hour sanitary cycle that uses like, 180 degree water. Also used Clorox 2, Fabric Softener, and Tide Sport With Febreeze. I pulled it out but didn't put it in the dryer... its been about 12 hours... Can it be saved?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

10 answers to this question

4 minutes should do you. Really I think you just need to get the softener and other chemicals out of the towel. TRhe color doesn't matter, I was just curious.

Check out this thread:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/microfiber-products/14121.htm

Boiling Towels: Over time your towels may accumulate a buildup of waxes, polish residue, polymers, or even fabric softener residue from the dryer. The best way to remedy lack of absorbency or linting from these issues is boiling -

1. Simply bring a large pot of water to boil
  2. Add in 2-3 capfuls of white vinegar.
  3. Add a couple towels at a time and allow them to boil.
  4. Try to avoid allowing the towels to sit against the sides or bottom of the pot for too long.
  5. After a few moments pull each towel out (using tongs to be safe) and flush under cool water.
  6. Wash these towels using your usual routine and they should be as good as new!

Me too on paperwork days. I don't have anything scheduled until later this afternoon. I'm sure I will get hell from Mook for this, but I am doing paperwork and watching Star Wars. More the later.

Archived