Customer Service 866.965.0400

LawnStryper (MADE IN USA)

Mark L

I just had to share this great product I recently acquired called the 'Lawn Stryper'........ and it's MADE IN THE USA!

It is a roller mechanism that attaches behind your push mower. You simply fill it up with dry sand (approximately 18-20 lbs) and go about your normal mowing routine. The roller bends the blades of grass in opposite patterns, thus reflecting the light and making it look like stripes, just like the MLB ballparks :D

Now here's the catch, this particular product is currently unavailable to the consumer. I found out the company that invented this product, S&B Lawn Systems, sold their business to the Toro Company, makers of Toro Lawnmowers. I ordered one of these back in December and waited and waited and waited. After 3 weeks and no shipment, I contacted the company I ordered it from and they said it would ship from the manufacturer. Well long story short, another 2 weeks went by and still no shipment, so I took it upon myself to contact the company (S&B Lawn Systems). Another week went by and I had pretty much given up hope I'd ever get one of these.

I then received a phone call on a Sunday morning, it was a man named Steve Sprinkmann, the inventor of the Lawn Stryper. He had ran across my message I left a couple weeks prior and felt so bad for all the trouble I had went through in order to obtain his product. Now let me explain he sold the company and works elsewhere now, but he took the initiative to contact me and tell me how sorry he was about the inconvenience. I found this very admirable of him and thanked him for the call, it actually reminded me of the great customer service that I have received from Adam's over the years. Well another long story short, he felt so bad, he said he was going to ship me a Lawn Stryper for free, due to the fact my order had been cancelled through the other website I ordered from. I thanked him very much and couldn't wait to receive my Lawn Stryper

I received the Lawn Stryper a couple weeks ago and have been so impressed with it, I just had to share my story and pictures.

I've talked to Steve on the phone many times and he's very helpful and a great guy. I called him recently to ask about fine tuning the stryper and also inquired about ordering another one for my Dad. Although you cannot get this particular 'Lawn Stryper' anywhere, since they are discontinued, he does still have some left in stock from his garage. The new model that replaced this one is called the Toro Lawn Striping System 20601 (Toro | Lawn Striping System (20601)) (Steve tells me this model is still MADE IN THE USA, but I've yet to confirm).

Now I'm sure the Toro is every bit as good as the originial 'Lawn Stryper', but it just makes me feel better to give my dollar to the small business and original inventor versus the large corporation.

So for those that might be interested in purchasing an original 'Lawn Stryper', let me know and I'll ask Steve when I order my next one, as I'm not too sure how many he has left. He said he'd give me a really good deal, and I'm sure he'd love to get rid of the remaining stock he has sitting in his garage.

Enough blabbing, onto the pictures :D

The unit itself attached to my Snapper lawn mower:

IMG_9512.jpg

IMG_9513.jpg

My recently mowed lawn from today:

IMG_9509.jpg

IMG_9508.jpg

IMG_9510.jpg

IMG_9511.jpg

As a previous lawn and sprinkler tech, I say Kudos to you and that Nice looking lawn sir and thx for sharing

.. Sweet :thumbsup:

Thanks

Very nice! Now if they made one that pulled behind a zero turn and I'll be all set!

I know there are stripers for zero turn mowers, I've seen them before, but they're like $150

Does this get in the way of your feet while walking? Does it make turning at the end of a row more difficult? What are the cons of this? I see the pro and I love the look. I get a little of that with my Honda because of the hard rubber deflector in back, but not as much as I'd like.

I just worry about it getting in my way so much that I tear it off a toss it.

Your yard is about 1/16th the size of mine too, so I have a TON of row ends...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyFlAwsLXSA]Lawn Striping "How To" - YouTube[/ame]

Does this get in the way of your feet while walking? Does it make turning at the end of a row more difficult? What are the cons of this? I see the pro and I love the look. I get a little of that with my Honda because of the hard rubber deflector in back, but not as much as I'd like.

I just worry about it getting in my way so much that I tear it off a toss it.

Your yard is about 1/16th the size of mine too, so I have a TON of row ends...

No it does not get in the way at all, if you position the bracket like it's supposed to be, you won't even notice it's there.

The key is the positioning of the U-shaped bracket (you can see it in the 1st pic), it has to be angled towards the back wheels as close as possible. I first had the bracket at a 90* angle to the ground and it was getting in the way when I'd tilt the lawn mower back to turn it. Ever since I angled the bracket towards the back wheels it has been excellent. In fact the striping is more dramatic now and looks better than it did the first few times I used it.

To be honest, there are really no cons that I can complain about. The only one I might see someone complaining about would be the fact the thing adds an extra 18-20 lbs of weight and if you have a self-pulling mower, I wouldn't use that feature cause the extra weight might burn out that mechanism over time.

I absolutely love this tool, it has made me look forward to mowing the lawn like never before. I'm going to try the checkerboard pattern next time, a little more work obviously, but it should look awesome :D

If only my father watered our lawn it could look like that. Nice work and nice lawn

Thanks

"Self Pulling"??? Self Propelled? My Honda is a hydrostatic... I'm sure it'd cause more wear and tear on it.

Chris

Yeah I meant self propelled, that's what mine is, but I've never used that feature. You hit that lever in the 1st pic I posted and the lawn mower pulls itself so you don't have to push it.

Yeah I meant self propelled, that's what mine is, but I've never used that feature. You hit that lever in the 1st pic I posted and the lawn mower pulls itself so you don't have to push it.

Oh yeah! That's a Snapper lever! I grew up on a Snapper, then a Deere and now my Honda.

Mine's a 6 speed with hydrostatic control. Freakin rocks! Of course my yard is considerably larger than yours. lol

Chris

Archived