Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailing order

Maxspeed

Question

10 answers to this question

I am not clear on your question - are you asking about wash, polish, and interior, or something else? Doing a "detail" means different things to different folks.

Oh, and you are going to get different answers from different people, and different answers from the same people too!

Welcome!

When I do a basic wash this is my sequence:

1) Clean interior

2) Using the fire hose nozzle I wash off the entire car, not just a wet down, but working to use the pressure to remove any debris that will come off.

3) Use APC on the wheel wells and tires, Use Green Wheel Cleaner on the wheels, fender brush on the fenders and tires, wheel brush and lug nut brush on the wheels

4) Foam the car

5) Using two mitts (one for the top, one for the bottom) wash the car using the 2 bucket method with grit guards

6) Pool Rinse

7) Quickly blow dry the cracks and crevices

8) Dry car with great white towel using detail spray as a drying/shine agent

9) Wipe down door jambs

10) Clean windows

:cheers:

My order (a few of the videos added into one list and other tips I learned from this forum)

Welcome!

When I do a basic wash this is my sequence:

1) Clean interior

2) Using the fire hose nozzle I wash off the entire car, not just a wet down, but working to use the pressure to remove any debris that will come off.

3) Use APC on the wheel wells and tires, Use Green Wheel Cleaner on the wheels, fender brush on the fenders and tires, wheel brush and lug nut brush on the wheels

4) Foam the car

5) Using two mitts (one for the top, one for the bottom) wash the car using the 2 bucket method with grit guards

6) Pool Rinse

7) Quickly blow dry the cracks and crevices

8) Dry car with great white towel using detail spray as a drying/shine agent

9) Wipe down door jambs

10) Clean windows

:cheers:

Have you been watching me? These are my exact step by steps to a basic wash...:rockon:

Thanks Guys. I bought a 2011 2SS/RS Camaro in Oct and will be doing my first Semi Pro detail as soon as it warms up here.

Heres my supplies...

Adam's Air Force Master Blaster Car Dryer

Adam's Gallon of Car Wash

Merino Wash Mitt

Adam's Hex-Grip Hand Polish & Car Wax Applicator Trio

Adam's Bucket & Grit Guard (2)

Adam's 20" Fender & Tire Brush

Adam's Boulder Blonde Boars Hair Wheel Brush

Adam's Trim & Lug Nut Brush

Adam's Premium Flex XC3401VRG Polisher Kit

Adam's Hex-Grip Hand Polish & Car Wax Applicator Trio

Gilmour 75QGFMR Foamaster Adjustable Multi Ratio Cleaning Gun

I will probably use the mitt for the top and one of the wash cloths for the lower portion below the doors.

I have the following in my cart waiting to buy

Adam's Double Car Wash Bucket Caddy Adapter

Adam's Car Wash Bucket Caddy (2)

Adam's Ultimate Fire Hose Car Wash Nozzle

Any opinions on the above? I was thinking I could fiind the bucket caddys at a janitor supply store? Are the caddys worth having?

Also do you guys use the Adam's Pro Detailers Cart?

Here is what came with the Premium Flex Kit

(1) Flex 3401VRG Polisher,

(1) Adam's Flex Severe Swirl Remover Polishing Pad,

(1) Adam's Flex Swirl & Haze Remover Polishing Pad,

(1) Adam's Fine Machine Polishing Pad ,

(1) Adam's Severe Swirl Remover Polish 16 oz,

(1) Adam's Swirl & Haze Remover Polish 16 oz,

(1) Adam's Fine Machine Polish 16 oz,

(1) Adam's Detailing Clay Bar 200 gram,

1) Adam's Detail Spray 16 oz,

(2) Adam's Double Soft Microfiber Towels,

(1) Adam's Car Wash Bucket with lid & Grit Guard Bucket Insert,

(1) Adam's JUMBO Professional Car Wash Pad, (1) Adam's Car Wash Shampoo 16 oz,

(1) Adam's Great White Microfiber Drying Towel,

(2) Adam's Microfiber Waterless Car Wash Waffle Towels,

(1) Adam's Waterless Car Wash 16 oz,

(1) Adam's All Purpose Cleaner 16 oz,

(1) Adam's Glass Cleaner 16 oz,

(1) Adam's Microfiber Glass Cleaning Towel,

(1) Adam's Super VRT Tire & Trim Dressing 16 oz,

(2) Adam's VRT Super Foam Block Applicators,

(1) Adam's Invisible Undercarriage Spray 16 oz,

(1) Adam's Leather & Interior Cleaner 16 oz,

(1) Adam's Leather & Interior Conditioner 16 oz ,

(1) Adam's Brilliant Glaze 16 oz with Applicator,

(1) Adam's Americana Premium Paste Wax with Applicator

Thanks Guys. I bought a 2011 2SS/RS Camaro in Oct and will be doing my first Semi Pro detail as soon as it warms up here.

Congrats on the new ride! Watch the videos several times while you are waiting on the good weather.

Also, when you are doing the polishing work on a 2x2 area that is representative of the condition of the entire car - the hood or trunk is usually good for this (I worked on a black SS last weekend at the http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/upcoming-events/16120.htm, so I know you have plenty of hood to work with!). Work that area until you have achieved the results you want. As you are working this area start with FMP, and maybe even do 2 section passes before trying the SHR. Work the SHR for a couple of section passes before trying the SSR. On the Camaro last weekend I planned to use one pass of SHR, but due heat (working on a black car in the sun caused the product to 'flash' very quickly) it took 2 passes of SHR (with polish reapplied to the pad) and 1 pass with just a spritz of DS to the pad (to reactivate the polish that was on the pad). Now move on to the rest of the car using the same process.

I have the following in my cart waiting to buy

Adam's Double Car Wash Bucket Caddy Adapter

Adam's Car Wash Bucket Caddy (2)

Any opinions on the above? I was thinking I could fiind the bucket caddys at a janitor supply store? Are the caddys worth having?

Also do you guys use the Adam's Pro Detailers Cart?

I don't have because I don't have room in my garage to store them, but those that have them really like them. They help make the work a little easier.

I basically follow the same steps as mentioned above. One things that is getting me, before I pool rinse, I blast the car with the nozzle. I used to go right to pool rinse, but then I realized there was still a lot of suds built up in any crevices (rain rails, rear deck lid, sun roof, side view mirrors, door handles, and so on). So I get rid of all the suds with the nozzle, then I pool rinse.

Thanks for all the tips guys. I have a Red Jewell Tint. I planned on starting with the Swrl n Haze. I actually don't have the Severe S n H as I subsituted it for more Detail Spray. I plan on washing outside not in direct sunlight then polishing in my garage. I bought this light to help.

Husky 2-Head 1,400-Watt Halogen Work Light

2-Head 1,400-Watt Halogen Work Light-635-337 at The Home Depot lights&storeId=10051

What about the Fire House Nozzle, should I buy that or find one at HomeDepot?

Archived