Customer Service 866.965.0400

Yikes, That Was Bad.

Adamized

So yesterday I tried to polish out my TL.

It went horrible. I've spent a very long time watching videos on the correct processes.

I washed her down with two buckets/gritguards.

I clayed and ended up using a whole bottle of detail spray :help:

Then I taped off a section of the hood to do a test section.

Well the PC spun so violently on setting one, freaked me out so I turned it up to 4-6 and it seemed fine.

My technique was so bad I just decided to call it quits for the weekend.

Cool story bro huh? Well, looks like I have to wait till my spring break and then I think I'm meeting up with EDIT "WildBillsBlueC6" for some help. :patriot:

It's easy once you get the hang of it. Practice makes perfect.

^^^ Right here, just like anything else you have to keep doing it and youll be fine. Having someone else show you too would never hurt, hope bill can help you out. One think I would check your PC for too is if that counterweight is on there good inside the head, ive heard of similar problems when people didn't have that on there nice and tight.

Do you guys know of an easy way to check out the counterweight? As it was polishing I thought to myself, there's no way people like the junkman can just sit here and deal with all this vibration and talk perfectly normal and such.

Do you guys know of an easy way to check out the counterweight? As it was polishing I thought to myself, there's no way people like the junkman can just sit here and deal with all this vibration and talk perfectly normal and such.

Well there is quite a bit of vibration from it... but I have no idea how to check the counterweight

The PC does vibrate a lot. Normal setting for actual polishing is 5. Downward pressure keeps the pad rotation down. I have a silver sharpie and made a 1" wide mark on the visible part of the backing plate (black backing plate) so I could judge if I am using enough pressure. You want maybe 1 rotation per second, not much more than that.

You should be able to see the counterweight with the pads off. If you remove the backing plate you can access it.

I guess you get used to the vibration, it has not been an issue for me. While the machine is a little loud, I am able to talk over it when doing demonstrations.

Archived