Customer Service 866.965.0400

Will In and Out Spray Damage Trim?

Pyrophor2011

Question

I originally purchased a full kit but over the past few months I have not had a chance to use anything. In the meantime, I have been going the only touchless car wash in town. The one major thing I have noticed is my trim looks horrible, it is completely faded with splotches of white all over. Applying In and Out does restore it but essentially In and Out is what ruined it in the first place. The reason I jump to this conclusion is a friend of mine has the same car, works at the same office, uses the same touchless car wash and stores his car in the same garage at night. The only difference is he has never used any products on his car, aside from taking to the same touchless car wash.

Honestly, had I not stopped using the products I would have never noticed but now I am essentially locked into using them as the trim is ruined.

Anyone else have problems with this spray??

9 answers to this question

That's not 100% the case... It's the stupid soap in the washes washing off the I&O in areas... I believe what you're seeing is spots that are bare and spots with some protection.

I use I&O on all my vehicles and all of them use a coin-op in the winter and we don't see this. However, I DO NOT use the soap on my G8 at the coin-op. It's not the kindest to vehicles.

I doubt the trim is ruined. Clean it with APC and retreat with SVRT this time. It'll out last the I&O by a HUGE factor and protect the plastics better as well.

I&O is really meant for hard to get or apply areas.

Post pictures up for us to evaluate.

That's not 100% the case... It's the stupid soap in the washes washing off the I&O in areas... I believe what you're seeing is spots that are bare and spots with some protection.

I use I&O on all my vehicles and all of them use a coin-op in the winter and we don't see this. However, I DO NOT use the soap on my G8 at the coin-op. It's not the kindest to vehicles.

I doubt the trim is ruined. Clean it with APC and retreat with SVRT this time. It'll out last the I&O by a HUGE factor and protect the plastics better as well.

I&O is really meant for hard to get or apply areas.

Post pictures up for us to evaluate.

Will post pictures tonight hopefully.

If the soap is washing off the In and Out, wouldnt it just revert it back to the original look? The only reason I was using the product was most for protection, thinking that if I stopped using it and removed it the trim would still look close to new. APC further strips the trim leaving it looking uniformly dull, requiring some additive at that point like SVRT as you suggested. What if I just didn't want to use any product at this point? I have accelerated the dulled look to a point where I now have to use products, meanwhile my friends trim still looks new with just the touchless car wash (his car is 2 months older).

never seen this either, and I used I&O through the winter at coin ops, not using the soap there though, just water. The soap at those coin ops can be very very harsh, very cheap soap for a chap wash, never a good mix. Sorry to hear this happened but there are a few things to look out for before jumping into everything.

-coin op soap, minds well avoid at all cost

-all purpose cleaner is extremely powerful, i never use full concentration on trim no matter what

-even if your friend used the same wash as you and his looks better, on time of not fully removing the soap on trim will permanently stain it, i went through that with my last car

never seen this either, and I used I&O through the winter at coin ops, not using the soap there though, just water. The soap at those coin ops can be very very harsh, very cheap soap for a chap wash, never a good mix. Sorry to hear this happened but there are a few things to look out for before jumping into everything.

-coin op soap, minds well avoid at all cost

-all purpose cleaner is extremely powerful, i never use full concentration on trim no matter what

-even if your friend used the same wash as you and his looks better, on time of not fully removing the soap on trim will permanently stain it, i went through that with my last car

Well, it's automated but yes it's doing a full wash cycle including using soap. They don't have a rinse only cycle but at that point I would just rinse at home. As far as the soap staining, I guess I could see that however their wash is pretty thorough. The wash does final triple rinse, staying on the front bumper for 15 seconds each pass just steady spraying. All trim looks similar through, so I would expect that if it were stains for not properly rinsing, the front would be fine while other areas would be damaged.

Theres nothing in In & Out that would 'damage trim' its just a dressing so there has to be something else at work here.

Couple of questions -

why are you using In & Out rather than Super VRT?

the soaps used in automated/touchless washes tend to be very acidic as they need to be able to remove grime with minimal or no agitation.... have you noticed any issues with your paint or other areas of the car?

Theres nothing in In & Out that would 'damage trim' its just a dressing so there has to be something else at work here.

Couple of questions -

why are you using In & Out rather than Super VRT?

the soaps used in automated/touchless washes tend to be very acidic as they need to be able to remove grime with minimal or no agitation.... have you noticed any issues with your paint or other areas of the car?

I use a combination of both. On the front trim/grill, I use svrt where I can but there are a lot of little grooves. http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2011/01/26/516029.1-lg.jpg Everywhere else I use SVRT. Although, I thought they were essentially the same products, which is why I didnt title this as using both ... though I should have.

I use a combination of both. On the front trim/grill, I use svrt where I can but there are a lot of little grooves. http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2011/01/26/516029.1-lg.jpg Everywhere else I use SVRT. Although, I thought they were essentially the same products, which is why I didnt title this as using both ... though I should have.

Was only curious... they are essentially the same stuff, but S VRT will last longer in any given application so it would be the ideal choice in any area you can feasibly use it.

Archived