Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rookie question

2quikta

Question

Got the premium PC kit so I've got all the PC goodies to get started. I also just bought the focus kit. I've never done any machine polishing. I know on harder to reach/small surfaces you guys say to just do those areas by hand. Do you use the machine products also for these areas by hand, or are you using the hand applications?

This is the only stuff that kind of has me leary of machine polishing. I've always done it by hand and like the fact I can get everywhere and don't have to worry about curves/ect. I've got a '99 Trans Am which has very little completely flat surfaces...the hood isn't even flat!

4 answers to this question

If you have the PC you really don't need to worry about curves all that much. It would take quite a while on a high setting to do any damage.

And for the tight areas, most members apply product by hand.

I wish you luck with that Trans Am... whenever I see one I think how much of a PITA it would be to correct the hood on one of those beasts

So should I also buy a selection of the hand applicators for swirl remover/polish/ect?

You could, or just use the 4" pads by hand. I would think you can use the 4" pads on the PC (top speed of 4) for everywhere except under the door handles and behind the rearview mirrors.

Part of the learning is finding out what works for you on your car.

I know the Trans Am well because a friend has one and it is a PITA, and

I will be detailing it again soon because I love the way they look when finished.

In any tight areas I use the 4" pads on the PC (speed 4) to polish

and pull the pad off as I am working to get to some spots by hand, then

just stick it back on the PC.

Just take your time, don't rush, and it will come out fine.

Archived