Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ipad App ?

86lxjunker

The cost to develop an app is beyond what we could reasonably afford to spend right now, especially when you consider that it would likely be given away for free.

You'd be shocked (at least I was) at how much it costs. Maybe someday in the future... but we're too small of an outfit to be fronting that kind of coin right now.

The tapatalk for iPad doesn't work with Adams. Something is wrong with the coding. You can use tapatalk on your iPad by using the iPhone version.

I prefer the one for tapatalk but it won't work until Adams codes the site properly for it.

The cost to develop an app is beyond what we could reasonably afford to spend right now, especially when you consider that it would likely be given away for free.

You'd be shocked (at least I was) at how much it costs. Maybe someday in the future... but we're too small of an outfit to be fronting that kind of coin right now.

Thanks for the quick replies - I guess I would be shocked on how much it would cost as I assumed it wouldn't be that much or there would be an 'app' to show you how to create one...LOL ....but I guess I was wrong...soo you know what happens when you assume ?? ... lol !!!

See... This thread inspired me.

I think there is a market for an Adams iPad/iphone app. It would be a pay for kinda deal. $4.99 . For $4.99 you'd get all of the products on it (with shopping cart capability) and how to use each. You could optimize the existing videos for the app, post answers to faqs, give advice for layering products, etc. And of course provide quick access to the forums.

It'd be like Dylan in your pocket. Just without being all creeped out about having the real Dylan in your pocket.

See... This thread inspired me.

I think there is a market for an Adams iPad/iphone app. It would be a pay for kinda deal. $4.99 . For $4.99 you'd get all of the products on it (with shopping cart capability) and how to use each. You could optimize the existing videos for the app, post answers to faqs, give advice for layering products, etc. And of course provide quick access to the forums.

It'd be like Dylan in your pocket. Just without being all creeped out about having the real Dylan in your pocket.

:lol::lol::lol:

I was actually thinking about taking a iOS app development class in the near future. If I did, making an app for Adam's would be a pretty cool project. Maybe I'll give it some more thought...

Incorporating the forums into the app might be a bit too tricky (being a beginner), but maybe an app which has all the videos, hints, product info would probably be more do-able. I won't have time to really give this more thought until my semester ends, but maybe there are some developers on the forum that might be able to help?

Personally, I like the way tapatalk manages the forum experience. Makes viewing and reviewing much more efficient. Plus, you don't have to see gaudy sigs like that one dude with the raptor.

Yeah... This was sent by tapatalk for iPad.

Tapatalk on my iPad does this. Have you turned that config on?

I do, it usually works on other forums, but not Adam's

Safari broken?

Why do you need Tapatalk when you can view and post easier on an iPad. Tapatalk is mainly for small screened devices.

the reason I use it on the iPad is for the 'participated in' updates.. I haven't found that in safari

Archived