Customer Service 866.965.0400

Claying a car

japitzer

Question

Um, I have never done this, My question is do you do the windows too? and the other is I have a 2011 camaro, and if I buff it with my porter cable buffer would I do the stripes all at one time or do the stripes afterwards. Help the new guy please!:help:

7 answers to this question

Yes you can clay windows, you can do the inside as well if you're up to it.

As for the stripes, if they are painted on you can buff them. If they are vinyl watch this video: http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/general-detailing-discussion-questions/12124.htm

:iagree:

Not only can you clay windows, it is highly recommended! If the clay doesn't get the glass as clean as you'd like, consider using the 4" focus pads on the glass to remove stubborn spots. Then afterwards use the Glass Cleaner and then apply the Glass Sealant! Awesome water beading that lasts a long time!

:2thumbs:

Welcome John,

You might find our newest videos really helpful, not only does it cover the claying and stripes... but it does so on a 5th gen Camaro! Can't get anymore specific than that!

Adam's Polishes Detailing Video Vol. 7 - 2012 UPDATE!

I look at the video listed, regarding claying stripes. Unless I missed it, I didn't hear anything about whether or not to clay strips. The first video

was saying to "mask" the stripes on the edges. The second video on claying, you can see that the strips were completly covered.

So am I to understand that "CLAYING" vinyl stripes (need to know as I plan on cleaning a MINI Cooper Bonnet Stripes) is a no no??

Thanks

Archived