Customer Service 866.965.0400

Today's the Day!

Beemer

Perfect weather: Cloudy/cool

Been looking forward to this for a while.

1st up: Wheel wells, wheels and tires.

2nd: Strip wash

I'm all tingly.

Strip wash (Dawn): Check (All my glorious beads are gone! It just looks wet - and not in a good way...)

Sheet rinse: Check

Detail Spray-down: Check

Commence clay.

BTW: Love the wash pad.

Question... why were you grabbing another piece anyway? A third of it should last 3-5 cars.

I had gotten a bit too much gunk in it from one of my rocker panels.

ANYTIME Clay touches the ground, it's dead. Please save your paint the hassle and grab a new piece. That's why we recommend you breaking it into thirds...which sounds like you did!

Can't wait for results pics Roger.

Mook

sVRT: Check

Taping: Check

BTW: The tape I used (3M Automotive tape) will NOT stick to the plastic treated with sVRT.

Commence PC starting w/ FMP 2'x2' test. Paint's in very good shap (no swirls) so hopefully FMP will be all that's necessary.

Ah gotcha. Rocker panels can get pretty nasty.

I was planning on finishing the old clay on the lower part of the bumper when I dropped it. Darn bumpers.

I was planning on finishing the old clay on the lower part of the bumper when I dropped it. Darn bumpers.

Don't feel bad. When I got my clay bar out the first time when I was doing my first detailing session, I dropped my third on the ground after about 2 sq ft of area.

Oh well!

Don't feel bad. When I got my clay bar out the first time when I was doing my first detailing session, I dropped my third on the ground after about 2 sq ft of area.

Oh well!

I found that it's better to "palm" it rather than "finger-tip" it.

Sometimes you don't have a choice, tho'.

Hood done. Looks great. Lunch break.

My back is going to be sore in the AM. Reaching out to the middle of that hood was killer. Maybe the rest won't be as bad....

Still have to do FMP on one side, the front and the rear. Had to use SHR on one scratch but just got out the 4" pad, slapped it on my drill and it came right out. Slick as snot.

Super Sealant: Check

Not bad for a day's work. Only one mishap -

I accidentally turned on my PC on without first placing the pad on the paint. It shot out of my hands and crashed through the driver's side window.

I keed. I keed.

Great days work.

I love that I read your first post on my way to work this morning and I'm now reading this last one after finishing up dinner and watching the Rangers game tonoght.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Guest Gone & Forgotten

After that PC, I bet you're all TINGLY again -

My hands were vibrating for 3 hours last weekend AFTER I was finished with a pile of ... 07' mustang.

my flex money is getting there - already ordered a ton of flex pads - now to order the machine.

btw, if bored, I took some vids when I had my 2011 camaro - youtube me, kick2thejunk

The PC didn't really bother my hands at all. My back is pretty stiff - but that would have happened with my old hand-polishing routine.

I'm sure it would have been A LOT more work if the paint were in bad shape but it was pretty quick and easy for me.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow morning:

Wipe down

Glaze

Americana

That'll be like a vacation!

Archived