Customer Service 866.965.0400

Do I need buttery wax for this car. (Pic's)

bosco14

Question

Great forum guys...Here's what I got. Been using Adams polish for about a year. Just picked up a pc and did the line-up on the 64 Biscayne. Really brought out the orange. Still working with the water spots on the 02 vette. Better but still there. I will try SSHR, we'll see.

My question is about my 69 corvette. It only has an initial coat of SHR and a few coats of revive by hand and of course detail spray. Going to try the pc on it this wkend. Was thinking I would do MFP/white pad, revive/gray pad and then B-Glaze/Red pad skipping the buttery wax since this car never really sees the elements unless I get caught out. Do I need to use the BW? The other option I thought was Revive-Buttery-Glaze...I haven't purchased any of the sealants yet. I do have SHR in my line-up. but don't think she needs that. Thanks for your help.

Here's a couple pic's..A few more in the "My Garage" tab...

Dan

052-2.jpg

164699_1498216427288_1590470018_31087082_6291926_n.jpg

045.jpg

043-1.jpg

048-2.jpg053-1.jpg

9 answers to this question

machine super sealant, glaze and then americana i just did it on my garage queen.

if you don't have americana then use the buttery. watch the videos if you haven't putting on sealant, glaze and wax with the pc is a breeze and cuts down the time considerably

Nice stable there! Beautiful cars! :glasses:

When it comes to what looks best, this is based on two things:

1) Having the paint perfect with no swirls

2) Personal preference

On our garage queen, a C6 vette seen in the avatar, I don't usually use sealant on the paint but have found that I really like the Brilliant Glaze topped with Americana then afterwards a wipedown with detail spray. I do use the Quick Sealant on the wheels to minimize brake dust sticking.

The next time I strip the vette down I am contemplating using the Quick Sealant then topping with Brilliant Glaze and Americana.

This top layer stuff really comes down to personal preference and what you think looks best (and what you enjoy doing).

:2thumbs:

Don't see you guys talk about the revive much...Since the car has only been hand rubbed thought I would start with FMP then revive just to get a good layer down by machine of these. I thought glaze would be my last application but I can top it off with some BW. Don't have any Americana at the moment.

What color pad do you use for buttery? I did the Biscayne BW by hand and it was alittle work coming off.

Thanks..

I see you mentioned the Vette has already received a few coats of Adam's Revive Fine Hand Polish on it. I don't think it needs anymore unless you really feel it needs it. Otherwise I'd move right on to applying the Adam's Fine Machine Polish followed by some Adam's Brilliant Glaze then top it off with some Adam's Buttery Car Wax for a some added protection. :thumbsup:

I see you mentioned the Vette has already received a few coats of Adam's Revive Fine Hand Polish on it. I don't think it needs anymore unless you really feel it needs it. Otherwise I'd move right on to applying the Adam's Fine Machine Polish followed by some Adam's Brilliant Glaze then top it off with some Adam's Buttery Car Wax for a some added protection. :thumbsup:

Clarification here, Revive Polish does not layer, it is a cleaner, it does not leave anything on the surface (glaze, sealants and waxes are on top of the surface and can be layered to a certain degree)

:cheers:

Clarification here, Revive Polish does not layer, it is a cleaner, it does not leave anything on the surface (glaze, sealants and waxes are on top of the surface and can be layered to a certain degree)

:cheers:

Agreed. I guess my comment was leaning more toward how long ago were those couple of coats of Revive applied on there. Didn't think it may be needed if it was real recent and the Vette wasn't exposed to any conditions to require more of it. My bad for not clarifying that part.

Can do, thanks guys. Gray pad for the buttery ok???

Yup, that will work for the Buttery! Have fun with it, and let us see those pictures when you're done.

"Adam's Machine Super Sealant & Wax Pad will apply a thin, even layer of Adam's Machine Super Sealant as well as Adam's Buttery Car Wax with either your Flex or Porter Cable Polisher The super-soft foam used to make Adam's Machine Super Sealant & Wax Pad has no polishing properties. It can be used with any liquid wax, including Adam's Buttery Car Wax Wax.

"