Customer Service 866.965.0400

Places a machine polisher won't fit or should not be used on?

notime

Question

Hello,

I have been looking at getting a machine polisher. I know that you should tape the areas that you do not want polish to get on.

I am trying to figure out how to handle the "bump outs" on the hood, rounded pillars, indents, and tight areas that the polisher can not get too?

I would hate to get a machine polisher kit, just to have to by a hand polisher kit for these areas.

4 answers to this question

Regardless of how many tools, adapters, pads, and creative angles you work in there are ALWAYS going to be some parts of every car that require you to polish them by hand.... that is unless you want to start disassembling your car so you can get to them LOL.

The trick is to get to as much as you can with the machine and assorted pads safely, then whatevers left address with a little good old fashioned 'elbow grease'. The odds are these places are not touched often, and probably won't see intense lighting anyways so any imperfections not removed will be unnoticed.

A little elbow grease is ok ;) On a 09 suburban, It would take a lot to do it all by hand.

It may take some paint correction, but to my advantage (and laziness), I have never cleaned the outside (had it for 9 months) the previus owner mostlilky never had it cleaned, and would not have done it her self. But the dealer that she bought it from did have it detailed (there is a sticker on the windshield).

I know that it would not be the same as a machine, but are there any issues/advantages to using the machine products by hand on these areas?

The hand products (revive) do some pretty great things by hand, but that doesn't mean you can't use FMP in those spots.

I usually take the pad off of my machine, fold it like a taco, and use it to polish the tight spots. Just have to get creative. Don't expect 'machine like' results, but theres no harm in using them by hand either.

Thank you for the info.

I was planning on getting some of the revive for the wheels (after testing them with the metal polish I found out the are clear coated), So that will work out well.

Now it is just back to researching the Flex vs PC debate, then I can place the order for protection and polishing products.