Customer Service 866.965.0400

Engine Bay ???

InDepthAutoDetailing

Question

13 answers to this question

NEVER spray a hot block.

Let it cool at least 45 minutes before you attack it brother! If a customer brings me a car, first thing I do is the Interior. By then, the car is cool enough to hit the wheels, and engine bay with water and chemicals, and has less a chance to screw something up!

Mook

Thanks for the input John & Eric. Really appreciate it.

Be ready for some HARD clear coat brother!

You just answered my next question.:help: It being an 04 and silver, probably neglected, I'm thinking green first. I'll know more on Wednesday when he gets here.

One of these days I'm buying and learning to use a rotary. I know that doesn't happen overnight but you gotta start somewhere.

I ussually wait about an hour. I will do an inspection, paper work, take photos, clear out the interior (open all the compartments and check out the trunk), then I do the wheels and exhaust tips. By then the engine is cool enough to work with.

An '04? You'll be fine. IIRC The Ceramic Clear didn't hit Audi til 2008 or 2009. I don't own one so maybe an Audi owner with knowledge can pop in.

Speaking of this, where has Dave been (07RS4)? Haven't seen him on here in a while. I'm sure he can help confirm this.

An '04? You'll be fine. IIRC The Ceramic Clear didn't hit Audi til 2008 or 2009. I don't own one so maybe an Audi owner with knowledge can pop in.

Mook

I think your right too, even if it was a few years before I don't think it was on cars all the way back to 04'.

BTW interior first here as well, always is a safe play. Also make sure to get a ton of pictures of that R8 when you get it done, i know ill be waiting for them :D

I think your right too, even if it was a few years before I don't think it was on cars all the way back to 04'.

BTW interior first here as well, always is a safe play. Also make sure to get a ton of pictures of that R8 when you get it done, i know ill be waiting for them :D

Sorry to burst your bubble but it's an A8 not an R8. Trust me, no one was more disappointed than I was when the owner clarified this on the phone.

Archived