Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail Something Different: Oakley's & Case(s)

txredgt

Here is my entry for the detail something different contest. My collection of Made in the USA Oakley's, Cases both soft and metal cases and the center of it all, the display case I have.

Here is the list of all the products used:

MP 1&2 (ALOT)

SVRT

FMP

Revive

WW

DS

Porter Cable along with the FMP focus and the new MP pad

On to the pictures :D

Here is the case before any products along with some of the products used to bring this baby back to life.

oakleycasebefore.jpg

These are most of the collection of Oakley's before any work done on them:

oakleysbefore.jpg

Here is a reflection shot of my flak jackets. The process I used on every one of the glasses themselves was a wipedown with a double soft adam's microfiber and some waterless wash along with a Q-Tip and SVRT on all of the rubber parts. Boy did those come back to life! Oh and an added benefit of doing your sunglasses is you can take the Adam's smell with you wherever you go!

FlakJacketreflection.jpg

Here are the final results of all my hard work with the Metal Polishes; the vault cases were treated by the 2 step polish by hand and the case is where I really got after it with FMP and Revive on all of the Plexiglass and then the new Metal polish pad on the case itsself. That pad was a GREAT tool in this project!

MP 1&2 with the cases finished:

metalcaseswithpolish.jpg

Polished out oakley case, oakley vaults and my pride and joy of my oakleys, my half-x frames!

Casefinished.jpg

Hope you enjoy reading and seeing the pics as much as I had detailing it! I appologize in advance for not having the appropriate lighting on these along with maybe being slightly out of focus.

There is 2 other pairs in my cars that I forgot even in the pictures.. Love my oakley's and I hardly go anywhere without them.

+1

I have a ton of Oakleys.. I have more Oakley gear than I care to admit including a Judge ll watch numerous pairs of shoes, sandals and more shirts than I can wear in a month! Excellent entry!

This is cool!

Try anything on the lenses besides Glass Cleaner?

I need one of those vaults too wow!

I actually used Waterless Wash with a double soft on the lenses. My reasoning was that they didn't need anything strong to clean them with and I could clean the whole glasses, lenses and all with the WW. I did add some svrt to the rubber pieces to make them pop a little bit.

And I got a killer deal on the vault when I got it, needed a little TLC and I am still missing 1 bolt I need to source but other than that I'm super happy with it. Display's the Oakley's nicely!