Customer Service 866.965.0400

What about a DoubleSoft lined fender mat??

I'm going to be changing the spark plugs on the wifey's SRT8 Cherokee soon. And in an effort to not KIIIILL my back from bending over and applying awkward pressure on the wrench when removing & reinstalling, I will have to lean on the fenders.....and I HAAAAAAAATE doing that!!!

As I'm trying to figure out what I can lay onto the rig's fenders, in hopes not to scratch or swirl the paint, I don't have an answer......of course the beast will be detailed and CLEEEEEEAN beforehand, so no worries there. But I just don't have a super-soft oversized towel to lay on her.

So it got me wondering.....for those of us that wrench on our own rides, which is MOST of us. What about a fendermat, lined with a double soft towel underneath?? Or for that matter, what about just a good' ol 3'x3' double soft??? Then we could wash it, too!!

Thoughts Adam's team?? :glasses:

When I installed my headers I used an old Great White on the fender. It might not have been best for the towel but I figured it would be better for the paint than a regular fender protector.

With the amount of pressure from my body leaning on it, I just don't feel like a GWDT is soft enough, I'm scared it would mar the clearcoat. But that's just me....

What's funny is on my Wrangler I have ONE YEAR FREE MAINTENANCE service. But I won't take it to the dealer. Won't go near it, lol. I'm sooooo terrified some jackazz is gonna lean on it with some dirty fender mat, or hit his belt buckle on it, or nick the door with his wrench etc. I'd rather PAY for the product, and do the maintenance myself, despite the additional cost. :)

Hey Dylan.....if you can make that happen, it'd be killer.........just sayin. :)

I agree, I like the jumbo double soft idea better, but the Great White was the only thing big enough at the time. This is actually not that bad of an idea though. I'd buy one if they made it.

I'd buy it for sure. I'm average height and I can't reach the center to of my hood when detailing, etc. I have to lean in the fenders to extend the flex/pc to reach those areas. I think It would be great to use for those things too!!!

And I don't want to hear side commentary on slamming my ride!!!! Mook

;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a Trailblazer. It's not supposed to be slammed or else it wouldn't be able to blaze trails :)

I'd buy it for sure. I'm average height and I can't reach the center to of my hood when detailing, etc. I have to lean in the fenders to extend the flex/pc to reach those areas. I think It would be great to use for those things too!!!

;)

Because you already know.

Its OK Brandi... I have the same problem when I detail my 4WD truck too :jester:

Its OK Brandi... I have the same problem when I detail my 4WD truck too :jester:

I can't win!!!! Hahahahaha. Even with steps I can't reach e top center of my windshield.

Now now the SS wasn't made to blaze trails. Hahahahaha.

I just thought that meant it blazed super sporty trails :D

Look on the bright side... as tall as it is now you can do oil changes standing up without a 4 post lift! :jester:

How about you and mook chip in together and give me that for a wedding present??

On a serious note I would be game for a few of the jumbo sized double soft microfiber fender protector towels. I have a cam, head, stall, LTH install coming up on the G8 and internal work and a wicked FI setup to go onto the TBSS. Can't hurt to have at least 2 so you don't have to keep moving it from side to side. Put it on one fender, do your work and not worry about any scratches.

Now on a not so serious but kinda really serious note, lifts rule and I wouldn't mind an Adams group donation for a wedding gift towards one. :jester: