Customer Service 866.965.0400

Complete Porter Cable Kit

JayBee86

Question

So I bought the Complete Porter Cable Kit and added the Brilliant Glaze to it. I preformed all the steps on my 08 Pontiac G8 about 2 weeks ago and I am so impressed how the car turned out. It took probably 98% of the swirl marks out and the paint looks more metallic and glossy wet then ever before. As these two weeks have gone by a light coat of dust has got on it. Now I am curious what is recommended how to maintain the finish on the car. Do I just do a wash and wax. Or a polish, sealant, glaze. Just trying to figure out the best steps to maintain the finish. If you have any questions let me know.

Here is a list of the steps I did from my kit:

Wash

Clay Bar

Sever Swirl Remover

Swirl and Haze Remover

Polish

Sealant

Glaze

Wax (Meguiars Gold Class) Still need to buy the Americana Wax.

3 answers to this question

Depending on how bad the dust is, if its just from setting all you need is WW & WW towels. If its from driving and say you hit rain and there is a Chance of having grit you want to do a 2 bucket wash.

After you are dust free you can always put a coat of BG, it will give you paint a quick pop!:thumbsup:

What Chris said but one point, the Brilliant Glaze will give it that pop and wet look, but remember it gives very little protection and I have read that if you continue to use it regularly it will degrade the wax.

I would do exactly what Chris said seeing that you just completed a complete detail a few weeks ago. I normally mist the car with detail spray after I have used the blower to remove the excess water when drying and I find that helps the shine. When you notice the water not beading or the wash pad not sliding as easily as it did right after the detail, then it is time for a coat of the Brilliant Glaze and the Wax.

P.S. get the Americana as soon as you can, I know you will be impressed.