Customer Service 866.965.0400

Transportation prep for 800 mile trip, Need Help!

Jlightning347

Question

Hey everyone!

I'm moving my hot rod (ford svt lightning) from northern California down near Phoenix AZ in a few weeks. about 800 mils of hwy driving!

What i have dun to prep for the trip so far is Was and Wax with American, then Detail spray.

I heard about using 3M's blue tape, and cover every thing! Bumper , hood, A-pillers , Side view mirrors.... I was planing on that, but not sure if it can hurt my paint?

I have a leather Bra, for the hot rod, have only used it one time. I'm going to use it on the trip.

My question is what can i also do to help prevent any rock chips on the paint? Please any help will be great! Thank you!

8 answers to this question

For rock chips and the like, 3m painters tape is a good idea. I have heard PlastiDip could be used for that too. I am not so worried about the hard stuff, our problem is bugs, so I put QS on the front and other leading edges, and the bugs came off easily.

I drove 5500 miles from Alaska to Virginia. I used the stuff that dealers use ...the white shipping tape....it was clear that I used. It worked great. Plus I have 3m clear bra on the front end which also helped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have heard of a spray on/wash off clear bra that would be perfect for ya. I think someone on here mentioned it once. Folks like to use it on track days.

Here's one:

New And Amazing DIY Paint Protection Film Installs In MinutesTRACWRAP protective film

I think Duplicolor makes one as well.

Here it is!:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Duplicolor-Shield-Temporary-Spray-Clear/dp/B000FNAEOE]Amazon.com: Duplicolor Shield Temporary Spray-On Protection, CLEAR, 16 oz. (BP200): Automotive[/ame]

Edited by GXPaycheck