Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailing around 3M Clear Bra

grand damnit

I have the 3M clear scotchguard clear bra on my G8. I am wondering what is everyones thought/experience when applying any wax/sealant/etc. to the hood. Do most just tape off along the film and leave it as is?

I dont think you can apply wax/polish to the film..am i wrong. I am just wondering because in the event I take the bra off some day the paint doesnt look terribly different.

Tape off and cover just an 1/8th of an inch of paint next to the bra and apply products.

I took mine off after three years for some paint work and couldn't tell any difference. Mine is driven 365.

Chris

When I did my recent detail of a 96 Mystic Cobra, I treated the clear bra just the same as the paint; Polishing it removed scratches and sealing and waxing will prevent water spots and ease the job of removing bugs if you're in one of those regions (thankfully I'm not!)

My G8's bra is now 3.5 years old and looks great. It is a 3M and I haven't seen any yellowing. I do use the Fine Machine Polish and Machine Super Sealant on it also. I love the way it has taken the abuse of the stones. It has some real chips in the bra and saved the paint.

Prices are all over the map depending on what you want done. My G8 has the clear bra on the front end including headlights and driving lights, front part of hood, front fenders with angle to cover the bulge in the fender, behind all tires low on fenders, rockers, and the flat part on rear bumper by trunk lid. Done at my house for $700