Customer Service 866.965.0400

Repaired My Beloved Makita Impact Driver

3PedalMINI

I purchased the makita drill/driver kit 3 1/2 years ago pretty much to the day. When i went to use it today i was devastated when i pulled the trigger and just the LED light came on. I couldnt get anything to come out of it, I was pretty bummed and was going to go to HD and buy another kit But i thought i would tear it apart to see if i could do anything to fix it first.

Pulled it apart and low and behold the wire came loose from the trigger and also noticed that the positive wire to the motor was loose too, soldered them both back to their terminals and Voila!! worked like the day I bought her.

The Batteries have lasted 3 1/2 years and haven't lost their use time at all! This driver has been through alot, dropped from two stories onto concrete, dropped from a roof into a mud puddle, kicked,consistently dropped from a 4ft ladder height, kicked and tossed around in the back of the van. Also had a 12 ft 6x6 drop dead on it from an incompetent grunt on a job site. Not to mention what i Drive with it; constant lag bolts, concrete anchors etc. Shes just a tank :) I have no doubt i have another 2-3 years more out of the kit :banana:

f4cf93a7.jpg

15beac3e.jpg

e0672c31.jpg

I have the exact same one...I'm not impressed with the Makitas Battery life. I wish I never sold my dewalt :(

wow really? for how tiny the battery is im thrilled with how long it takes to die. Also the charger is a 15 minute charger so its quick. If i charge them in the morning ill get a full days of hard work out of them.

Maybe you got a faulty battery :confused:

well, rigging? I had to mate them together with some of the studs that were cut 4 feet up..

It is usually much easier and you get better results if you gut it all and start from scratch. My aunt hired some nut to frame her basement and talked me into coming over to frame in her open face bath tub, cause whomever she hired didn't know how. I tried to talk her into ripping everything out, and starting fresh. She didn't want to, but wishes now she would have.

Ohh! you mean sistered :jester:

pretty much.. when they ripped out my walls, they cut 4 feet up the drywall and studs a little less and left the higher part of drywall there..

the existing studs were certainly not spaced in any way correctly. we 'sistered' them as well as filled in what was underneath each cut stud..