Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bad "pig tails"

Kody

Question

Hey guys,

I have been slowly trying to correct the paint on my boss, but this car is covered in what I've been calling "pig tails" it looks like somebody hit this car with a piece of sandpaper with on piece of sand in it and they are everywhere!

I have the basic PC kit and it gets them out but it takes two or three passes of each step and there is still some deeper ones left!

Is there anyway to get a little bit more out of the basic PC kit? Or do I need to get a flex? I don't really wanna drop $400 right now.

Thanks

Kody

PS. Could I get a mod to change my username to just Kody? It will be easier that way lol!

4 answers to this question

Since you say that you can remove the defects, I'll assume your technique is probably decent. This means the only way to get the same results with fewer passes is to switch to a more aggressive pad and compound, or a more powerful machine. Also assuming that you've already used the green pad/SSR, sticking with the Adam's line that means going with the Flex. However, outside of the Adam's world there are more aggressive DA cutting compound/pad systems that work great with the Porter Cable, that for me seemed to work faster than the Flex with green pad/polish. Just don't expect to find the support and guidance for it here, since it is "Adam's Forums."

While a Flex can really help you out, the PC may get you there with the green pd and Severe Swirl Remover, but it is going to take time. Typically I find the Flex is 3 times faster at correcting than a PC. Be patient.

Well that's the thing, my PC can get about 85% of them out but it takes roughly 30+ minutes in a 2x2 square to get them out, and they cover the whole car. I like buffing my car out but dang!

Thanks

Kody