Customer Service 866.965.0400

quick sealant or brilliant glaze??

hemi1300

Question

about to pull the trigger on another adams order, and was thinking about ordering one of the two. Both the wife and I have black vehicles-07 dodge ram hemi for me and 12 grand cherokee hemi for her. Being both black, which would u recommend, quick sealant or brilliant glaze? Truck being 5 years old now has some slight swirls in the clear, not even noticeable in the sun, just in the garage under the fluorescent light, would the brilliant glaze be best for hiding these minor imperfections? Currently have buttery wax also, plan on getting some american in the future

5 answers to this question

Does quick sealant provide any wax/protection properties, or is it mainly just for a nice deep shine? For instance, I I just washed the truck and wanted to detail it a bit and shine it up, would quick sealant be a fast/easy way of achieving this?

Does quick sealant provide any wax/protection properties, or is it mainly just for a nice deep shine? For instance, I I just washed the truck and wanted to detail it a bit and shine it up, would quick sealant be a fast/easy way of achieving this?

If you've already laid down products from a previous detail and just want to bring back a little shine, use the Glaze. QS normally goes on first, followed by Glaze.

Quick Sealant is primarily for protection, and does this better than wax. It needs to be applied to bare paint though to be effective, so that means stripping off any previously applied wax. That's as simple as mixing a few ounces of APC with your shampoo when you wash the car.

The Brilliant Glaze will provide shine, but almost no protection at all and would probably be gone by the first wash if applied on top of anything. You could apply your Buttery Wax on top of the Glaze to help make it last longer, but it all depends on how many steps you want to take.

If you're looking for good protection, and then a product to apply every so often to add some shine, I'd buy the Quick Sealant. Then apply the Quick Sealant as your base coat, and then top with Buttery whenever you want that extra pop. Buttery does have some minor fillers, and is just as easy to apply as the Brilliant Glaze, so since you already have it I'd use it in place of the Brilliant Glaze for now. Just my opinion...