Customer Service 866.965.0400

1957 Chevy Bel Air Detail

JBlack151

1957 Chevy Bel Air

Monday morning arrived and although I was exhausted after a long weekend of detailing I was still up and ready at 5:00 am for what would be a great day of work. I arrived to the site and there was the all American icon of classic automobiles. The 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air. It’s just a beautiful car that screams American classic. :patriot:

This paint was similar to the Impala I completed a few days prior. It looks red in the darker lighting conditions and orange in the sunlight. Even though this is a beautiful car I wish it was just red. To me this car bothers me if you see it as an orange. Any my wife's camera (that I don't know how to work) didn't make it any better when I saw the pictures.

The paint was in immaculate condition. I couldn’t find one imperfection in the sunlight or in the garage with the Brinkmann Xenon lights. So I started to clay and didn’t feel too much contamination during the process. Only some slight buildup of something like overspray on the driver’s side front fender and hood. During the clay bar process I found lots of waxes build up in the grooves of the chrome trim on the rear fenders. So I worked at it with a small soft brush and Waterless Wash. When it came time to polishing I didn’t care how great the paint was. I didn’t want to miss anything and discover an imperfection when I was completed. So I decided to do a pass of Swirl & Haze Remover to be safe before moving on to Fine Machine Polish. From there I did 2 passes of Brilliant Glaze with the red pad on the PC before moving on to Americana Paste Wax. After applying the first coat I couldn’t resist adding one more light application of Americana on the American classic. :D

The engine bay was just lots of Revive, Brilliant Glaze, In & Out Spray and SVRT. The valve covers were gleaming with shine after a coat of Revive and 2 applications of Brilliant Glaze. I was really impressed.

The interior was another enjoying task. I pictured driving this car brand new off the lot back in 1957. What an experience that would be. I used Swirl & Haze Remover, Revive and 2 coats of Brilliant Glaze on all the dashboard and remaining painted pieces. I did some light Leather & Interior Cleaning on the seats and door panels, and then followed everything up with a light pass of Leather Conditioner on the seats.

When it was all completed I drove her out of the garage for some instant face melting! :drool:

Did you think I wouldn’t mention the amazing line of Adam’s Polishes that were used?!?!?!

-Adam’s Ultimate Fire Hose Car Wash Nozzle

-Adam’s All Purpose Cleaner

-Adam’s Green Wheel Cleaner

-Adam’s Fender & Tire Brush

-Adam’s Lug Nut Brush

-Adam’s Wheel Woolies

-Adam’s Car Wash Shampoo

-Adam’s Double Car Wash Grit Guard Bucket Kit & Caddy

-Adam’s Wool Merino Wash Mitt

-Adam’s Great White Microfiber Drying Towel

-Adam’s Blaster Sidekick Dryer by MetroVac

-Adam’s Super VRT Tire & Trim Dressing

-Adam’s Hex-Grip Pro Tire Dressing Applicator

-Adam’s Edgeless Microfiber Utility Towels

-Adam’s In & Out Spray

-Adam’s Detailing Clay Bar

-Adam’s Detail Spray

-Adam’s Leather & Interior Cleaner

-Adam’s Leather Conditioner

-Adam’s Glass Cleaner

-Adam’s ORANGE Hex Grip Applicator (with SHR) on windows

-Adam’s Revive Polish

-Adam’s BLUE Hex Grip Applicator

-Adam’s Glass Cleaner

-Adam’s Glass Cleaning Towel

-Adam’s American Pride Heavy Duty Detailers 50’ Extension Cord

-Flex XC 3401 VRG Polisher

-Adam’s Swirl & Haze Remover Polish & Orange Polishing Pad

-Adam’s Fine Machine Polish & White Polishing Pad

-Adam’s Waterless Wash Wipe Down

-Adam’s Waterless Wash Waffle Towels

-Porter Cable 7424XP

-Adam’s Brilliant Glaze & Red Glaze Pad

-Adam’s Americana Carnauba Paste Wax (2 light coats)

-Adam's Single Soft Towels

-Adam's Double Soft Towels

-Adam’s Pro Detailers Cart

-Adam’s Rolling Detail Seat

Okay Okay…enough reading, let’s move on to the pictures!

DSC_0406.jpg

DSC_0454.jpg

DSC_0429.jpg

DSC_0430.jpg

DSC_0433.jpg

DSC_0437.jpg

DSC_0438.jpg

DSC_0440.jpg

DSC_0463.jpg

DSC_0462.jpg

DSC_0459.jpg

DSC_0451.jpg