Customer Service 866.965.0400

Let's Talk Generators......

86lxjunker

Hey Guys - with Hurricane season here and Isaac doing its damage....I am in the market for a good & solid portable generator.

I live in New England and we get our fair share of storms plus heavy snowstorms in the winter....last year we lost power twice for over 5 days each. So I think its time to buy one.

I currently have a Coleman 5000 thats LOUD as HECK and I would like to upgrade to something at least a little quieter and more reliable and with cleaner power and a little more juice - something in the 6000 to 9000 watt range.

Right now I am looking at the Generac GP7500e and the Briggs&Stratton 30471 8000 watt.

Does anyone have any comments on either of these....and if not - do you have any experience with a generator that you would recommend ?

Thanks in advance !!!

Edited by 86lxjunker

If your looking for something quiet, I doubt your going to find anything quieter than a Honda generator. I have a generator and like you mentioned it is noisy. Most I think are. I have a neighbor that has a couple of the Honda's and they are quiet. Extremely quiet in comparison. And I believe you can daisy chain them to get the power you need, or want. They are expensive however.

Honda Generators - Selecting the right portable generator for you

Honda EU3000 Reviews | Buzzillions.com

For sound and quality the Hondas are the bomb! For price and reliability I'd look hard at the newest Miller Bobcat welder with Fuel Injection. It's 10,000 watts with a peak of 11,000 I believe. The new Millers have been completely redesigned for quiet long operation. Oh and they're made in the USA in Appleton WI.

Sent from the past using special algorithms and data nodes!