Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car transport across country

ArablueRS3

Alright, i have orders to sunny California. There are two cars in the household and the Mustang isn't going to be the one taking that trip. Harsh ride and the cost of fuel stopping every 300-400 miles isn't going to cut it. We have a TDI that will get us there. I'm wondering if anyone has a trust worthy company that they have used to transport a vehicle across country? How was the experience?

Thanks i'll request a qoute from them now.

Awesome. When I moved out here, fuel prices were HIGH (not unlike they are now) and that made up the bulk of the price from all the haulers. Other than that, the carriers were all pretty much in-line with each other on pricing. As I said, EVT wasn't the cheapest, but I felt they offered a superior service to the other guys. Make sure whoever you choose to use is FULLY INSURED.

I found 4 things affected pricing the most.

1. Fuel prices across the country.(see above). Some carriers will actually route around areas with ridiculously high prices to keep their pricing reasonable assuming it doesn't add a tremendous amount of miles to the journey.

2. Enclosed or open transport. Enclosed is always more expensive, but worth every penny in my opinion because your vehicle is secure and protected from weather, road debris, and vandalism.

3. Point A to Point B loading/offloading. How many times with your vehicle be loaded/offloaded during the trip. Some companies will pick up your vehicle, then take it to a transfer yard. It might wait there a few days and then be re-loaded onto another truck. That can occur several times between point A and point B to allow them to maximize their profits. That was one reason I went with EVT. Once it's loaded, it wasn't going to be offloaded until it was at it's destination. Mine shipped in a 2-car trailer. Mine was the first loaded and it was in the same spot, same trailer when it reached CA.

4. Distance. Every mile will cost you.

Did you check with Reliable?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Yes i just got a quote back...$2230. I'll probably go with them being that they said they could take 2-4 weeks for delivery. The other was in 6-8 days. We want to make this drive into a vacation so Reliable seems like a good fit.