Customer Service 866.965.0400

Audi A6 Headlight Plastic Peeling

matts88yj

Question

Hi all. Just had a quick question for you. My coworker has an 01 Audi A6 wagon with the Allroad package headlights. He told me that they are starting to peel from the top and I went out to inspect further. Sure enough there is a thin film, almost like a clear coat, peeling away from the surface of the headlight. I don't have any photos since it was raining but wanted to see what should be done about this. He is selling the car and would like to have them cleaned up for the sale. I'm thinking it's time to bust out the sand paper but just wanted to see if I should peel the rest off first or where I should even begin.

Thank you for your help and advice everyone! Hope everyone is having a great day! :glasses:

5 answers to this question

is it like a protective film? if so, i'm pretty sure those have a lifespan of about 10 years; like vinyl does.

maybe since he's selling it, just peel it off and hope it looks "like new" underneath :confused:

Sounds like someone clear bra'd them or something of that sort.

Peel it off like window tint. If he's selling the car, hit the lenses with some SHR and Revive by hand...that should get it to sellable.,

To me it feels thinner than a clear bra. At least it feels thinner to me than what I have on the front of the G8. There doesn't appear to be any hazing or anything under it that is happening right now but it looks like it just started. I almost want to say it feels like it's de-laminating if that makes any sense at all. I have my products here along with the focus pads, drill and other stuff since I have been cleaning up some rides here and figured I would try to help him out a bit.

You could always take your drill to an edge of that...you know what's gonna happen though. I'm just offering a quicker way to get that film off.

I hear ya. He said his going to peel it off this weekend and bring it in for me to touch up the beginning of next week. Works for me! I'll keep you updated on the progress of this.

Thanks for the help!! :rockon: