Customer Service 866.965.0400

Smearing after detail and wax

jpu471

Question

Went through an entire detail this morning, got rid of most of the imperfections, alcohol rubdown, Revive polish and then Machine Wax. After curing I wiped off. There are smear marks. When you wipe them with the Micro fiber they change direction so it must be a product on the paint. I figured the alcohol would have cleaned off the polish residue. A bit frustrating. Should I let the wax cure overnight then wipe down or do I have to strip the wax and do something else?

8 answers to this question

20min hot weather with breeze.

Remember, you need to wait at least 30 minutes before you wipe off the MSS residue. Sounds to me like you didn't let it cure long enough and now what you are seeing is it setting back up or trying to.

I would administer a 2 bucket wash with 3-4 oz. of APC into your Car Shampoo mixture. Dry the car off completely, then apply MSS again. But this time, actually wait the 30 minutes before wiping it off. From there, wait 12-24 hours before you LAYER anything over it...IE BG or APW.

Makes sense but is it possible to just let what is on the car dry longer then off with a towel?

Sure. Wait until the 24 hour mark and use some DS and a clean microfiber polishing towel to remove it...make sure obviously that the car isn't dirty before you attempt this.

Yeah I thought about wiping down a car with dust on it. I live on a hill with wind, usually my cars are dusted about a half hour after I do my wash. I have come to make peace with this situation though and realize the process gives me the pleasure not that my car will look good at the end of the day. No garage so...

Don't think I used to much wax and spread it pretty thin. Although, while polishing with the Flex the polish drys almost immediately so I use a lot of Detail Spray and the polish does not seem to go to far so there may be a bit to much polish. Being a mizzer I am still using Machine Super Wax.