Customer Service 866.965.0400

Anyone ever participate in a track day event?

DSG Mustang GT

I did my first HPDE course at VIR last month. Had a blast! I was probably greener than the greenest newbie out there (you know you are a newbie when the golf cart passes you!). I got plenty of point by practice! My instructor kept me in 4th gear both days so I could concentrate on learning the line, but the car didn't care. She just powered on through. I did get to pass a few folks on day 2.

Where are you going to run?

I assume you will get a good tech inspection done. The mechanic will probably recommend better pads for the front. I went with Carbotech AX6's.

If you don't have your own helmet, the folks sponsoring the event may have rentals. I went that route and learned quick that wearing glasses is a pain.

Get up with your instructor and learn as much about the track as you can (lines, where to lift, brake, etc.). Learn as much as you can prior to getting in the car. Helps you stay ahead of it on the track.

Most of all, have fun! I did get track day insurance for the car, that took some of the pressure off.

Here's a link for some info:

Tarheel Sportscar Club/Triangle Z Club HPDE/Time Trials

Click on HPDE in the menu and download the HPDE survival guide. Good reading!

My instructor has her own Corvette race car and I got to ride along for a few laps in it. Awesome!

Don't know what else I could tell ya. See if you can hook up with some other folks that have been doing it for a while and get some tips. Plus it's nice to know some folks when you get to the track.

Have fun!