Customer Service 866.965.0400

Setting up your work area

Jason [OT]

Question

As a recent convert to Adam's I found myself being like a kid in a candy store while shopping for everything. Several orders later I think the only thing I don't have is Adam's metal polish and an Adam's hat. :D

I have been cleaning out and organizing my garage which became the "catch all" for quite a while. I started setting up an area just to have my supplies at the ready. I was curious how everyone else sets up their work areas...

I have the detail cart, a table with all of the gallon refills on it and a drawer to hold the towels and pads all apart from each other.

I was looking at my cart and thinking "Should I line these up in order of use or am I being way way OCD about this?"

I'm always open to good suggestions or tips...

11 answers to this question

My towels are in see through containers in the garage on a shelf along with the brushes and other wash stuff. My buckets are there also. My gallons are inside to prevent freezing and boiling (this past summer felt that hot) and my containers I use are in totes I bring in and out of the house. My garage changes temperatures too much to leave the products there full time.

Most of the detailing stuff is in some cabinets in the garage. This pic is a a year old... currently have more towels and the towel side is very full.

7769b40f.jpg

And a few items over the utility sink:

1158bc25.jpg

And the buckets are kept under the utility sink (no pic for that) and extension cords hang on a different wall near the overhead door next to the leaf blower and outlet.

Don't have a detail cart, would be cool, but my driveway is sloped so I just use buckets to carry and move stuff around.

:cheers:

Just make sure you store your products in a climate controlled environment like house. Myself have a couple totes 1 for storing towels n pads, 1 for storing product bottles polishes, waxes, sealants and such. Then I have a husky tool carrying bag that I put what pads and polishes I will be using at that time to carry out of the house. also putting your stuff in order is a little on the OCD side but then again I think all have some form of OCD otherwise we wouldnt be taking such care of our vehicles. Just sayin.

I am a little all over the place right now. LOL with having detail bays both at home, my morning job, and The Warehouse, I must admit, I am a little whacked!

At my home, I have a Detailer's Cart, full Two Bucket system, and misc pads in the garage. All my juice stays in the house on a 4 tier rack. Gallons all on top with pumps for easy access. My towels are all in big totes as are my pads.

At my morning job, I have a cart with everything I need to polish, save for the machine/towels/pads. I also have a two bucket system there.

At the Warehouse, I have two 48x72 Storage cabinets, another that size for test products, too many seats, two detail carts, a pressure washer, etc.

The key is keeping your products (juice wise) at the right temp. From there, I think it's really isolated as to what's best for everyone. Must utilize your space as best as you can.

I STRONGLY recommend buying gallon pumps for EVERY gallon you have.

Mook

I picked up and old Craftsman tool chest and base (on wheels) and use that as my cart. Works well, and it only cost me $30. Keep liquids inside house and Americana in freezer. Keeping everything in order of use is OK, but after a while you will recognize products by color. It becomes second nature.