Customer Service 866.965.0400

My first wash on a budget...advice please

angels05ss

Question

This weekend I plan on washing my recently acquired silverado 4dr truck (black)but need some help with the Adams products I have meanwhile.i know my list is not in order but will these products do for now? The truck is not a daily driver nor will see rain..95% of the time stays in the garage and maybe gets driven twice a month.

2 bucket wash

Adams shampoo

Hydrofoamer

All purpose cleaner

Basic flex kit xc 3401 polisher kit

Machine super sealant w/pad

Great white drying towel

Detail spray

Buttery wax

Clay bar

59B25493-8055-4EB0-BEB0-4D74B67E38E9-15227-0000087BB3AA85CA.jpg

22 answers to this question

That's a solid start to your collection! You've got a lot of bases covered, but definitely pick up some detail spray and single soft/double soft microfiber towels at a minimum.

The detail spray had many uses, but a lubricant for the clay bar is a big one.

As far a towels...if you're going to be removing defects with the flex (awesome choice!) you don't want to put them right back in your paint with cheap, made in china towels.

Edited by Nick@Adams

That's a solid start to your collection! You've got a lot of bases covered, but definitely pick up some detail spray and single soft/double soft microfiber towels at a minimum.

The detail spray had many uses, but a lubricant for the clay bar is a big one.

As far a towels...if you're going to be roving defects with the flex (awesome choice!) you don't want to put them right back in your paint with cheap, made in china towels.

I have the 360z detail spray but I'm lacking MF towels :mad: are auto zone MF towels decent to use?

Everyone is going to say no to the towels. You can check to see if the microfiber towels pass the cd test. If they scratch the bottom of a cd they will scratch your clear coat.

Guess I'll be going to Walmart/auto zone with a cd in hand testing there MF towels.thanks for the info

:mad: no car wash this weekend then

Better to leave your car dirty than have to spend many hours fixing the paint damage. Trust me, hold off and wash/dry your car correctly. Adams is doing great business because of us having to correct paint :cheers:

Also, on those 'other' towels, sometimes the binding of the towel will scratch, too.

And yes, better to not wash, than to wash, and then dry/touch your paint with rough microfiber etc. that swirl up the paint. The Adams MF drying towels single/double soft towels are worth it. You will appreciate this after you spend a day correcting all the swirls on a truck, and esp. on one with black paint. :)

ASAP I would get the DS and APC in gallons. On the first claying, you will go really through the DS, probably the better part of 32 oz.

Also, on those 'other' towels, sometimes the binding of the towel will scratch, too.

And yes, better to not wash, than to wash, and then dry/touch your paint with rough microfiber etc. that swirl up the paint. The Adams MF drying towels single/double soft towels are worth it. You will appreciate this after you spend a day correcting all the swirls on a truck, and esp. on one with black paint. :)

ASAP I would get the DS and APC in gallons. On the first claying, you will go really through the DS, probably the better part of 32 oz.

Sucks cause I was all hyped up on trying out the products this weekend...I rather wait and do it right the first time.thanks

Being a cc silverado owner myself your off to a great start but a couple things I would add

At least 2 gw towels

Metroblaster dryer or at least the sidekick

Iuc spray for the fenderwells

First time you wash it you will understand why the first 2 are important. It may not seem like so much truck until you get started lol

sent from tapatalk using my thumb :)

You didn't ask about polishing just washing. Its taken me several weeks to polish mine because I get worn out from all the work lol

sent from tapatalk using my thumb :)

What kills me is all the curves on some the panels,that's what wears me out lol but so far so good with results :banana: