Customer Service 866.965.0400

BMW M5(e60) vs. Lamborghini Gallardo

eleven357

Not even close to broken in yet, 2200 miles, but I have had it up to 130 MPH, but it wasn't even trying hard at that point. It gets up there really quick but I think it would take a little more road than I have around here to get it up into the 170's. Not sure I want to go that fast on a public road anyways. I'm too pretty to go to jail :lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

How far have you gone with the M5 ? Do they limit the top speed at 150 ? I think the old M3's were. My friend has one, that is one sweet ride :2thumbs:

All cars sold in California(after a certain date , I am sure) have a limit of 155mph. Even if I bought a Vette like yours, it would have the same limitation. That's because they don't wan't vehicles going faster than the police around here. LOL. Everyone likes to take the police on a chase around these parts.

I don't even know if I want to take off the limiter because at 145mph, it gets scary.

All cars sold in California(after a certain date , I am sure) have a limit of 155mph. Even if I bought a Vette like yours, it would have the same limitation. That's because they don't wan't vehicles going faster than the police around here. LOL. Everyone likes to take the police on a chase around these parts.

I don't even know if I want to take off the limiter because at 145mph, it gets scary.

I agree, 145 is fast :cheers:

I wouldn't even know if mine did have it and not sure I would ever find out.

at 165ish a stang i had awhile back started floating the front wheels....scared the piss outta me...

top speed so far on straightaway on a bike is 203(fastest ive ever been on anything that i have had direct control of)

top speed in my Javelin was 174(quarter mile time)

at 165ish a stang i had awhile back started floating the front wheels....scared the piss outta me...

top speed so far on straightaway on a bike is 203(fastest ive ever been on anything that i have had direct control of)

top speed in my Javelin was 174(quarter mile time)

The only thing I've ever been in going that fast was a plane :2thumbs:

I wish I had a place to try it just to find out what my threshold is not just the vette's :D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...