Customer Service 866.965.0400

BMW M5(e60) vs. Lamborghini Gallardo

eleven357

Both are stock.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA5uEaW5ZnQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA5uEaW5ZnQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Haha no comments?

Here's another

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQAmQEoXNkg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQAmQEoXNkg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Those M5's are certainly a beast....I guess a relative "bargain" when compared to an exotic like a Lamborghini. I'd like to see something with those coming out of the hole....1/4 mile runs would be nice.

Only if they shortened the gears.

7 gears, 1st gear seems long.

here is a slightly modded M5(e34).

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aik1MXBinpI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Edited by eleven357

Fantastic! That video speaks absolute volumes for the M5, a 4-Door keeping up well with a Gallardo!:burnout:

Crazy to think you can save $150K and bring 3 friends to enjoy the ride with the BMW.

Great video, and I love that you found it, and posted the player in the thread. :thumbsup:

ive started looking at those more and more - i had my mind set on the 2009 cts-v, but the m5 is certainly another option. i just am having a hard time justifying the extra $30K it would cost me to get into a m5 versus the cts-v

ive started looking at those more and more - i had my mind set on the 2009 cts-v, but the m5 is certainly another option. i just am having a hard time justifying the extra $30K it would cost me to get into a m5 versus the cts-v

You know mine was a great deal because I didn't buy it off the showroom floor. I saved myself a smooth $40k just buying one that was slightly used with 15k miles on it. Let me know when and if you still get the CTS-V, sounds like a worthy opponent.:):burnout:

Fantastic! That video speaks absolute volumes for the M5, a 4-Door keeping up well with a Gallardo!:burnout:

Crazy to think you can save $150K and bring 3 friends to enjoy the ride with the BMW.

Great video, and I love that you found it, and posted the player in the thread. :thumbsup:

Thanks Adam!

Yeah I thought it was pretty impressive as well.:) Believe it or not, I can actually fit 5 in mine. "Racecar for 5" is what BMW calls it. haha. :)

i think id rather have the gallardo, but thats just so i wouldnt have to shuttle my kids around like i would if i had the m5 lol

Shhh! That's how I convinced the wifey to get the car in the first place. We just got a 2007.5 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab with 9k on it for $16,900. Its a pretty nice truck with 22" rims and 40 series tires. Its not lowered though. I decided on not lowering it after my experience with lowering my old 2006 Chevy Colorado. So now the family car is the truck and my M5 is safe. hehe.

You know mine was a great deal because I didn't buy it off the showroom floor. I saved myself a smooth $40k just buying one that was slightly used with 15k miles on it. Let me know when and if you still get the CTS-V, sounds like a worthy opponent.:):burnout:

true - sounds like a great deal - but im kinda partial to purchasing a vehicle that no one has had a chance to really flog before me!!

I'd rather have the $40,000

The markup and new vehicles is retarded.

a lot of people would rather do that. and i agree about mark-up. but when it comes to a car of this caliber a lot of people dont want to take a chance that someone beat the crap out of the car for 10K miles before they couldnt afford the payment anymore.

a lot of people would rather do that. and i agree about mark-up. but when it comes to a car of this caliber a lot of people dont want to take a chance that someone beat the crap out of the car for 10K miles before they couldnt afford the payment anymore.

This all depends on who drove the vehicle first. My M5 was a trade in on a Range Rover, so it wasn't like they drove it until repo.

but when it comes to a car of this caliber a lot of people dont want to take a chance that someone beat the crap out of the car for 10K miles before they couldnt afford the payment anymore.

Couldn't agree more :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I had that in the back of my mind when I bought a used 02 Z06, less than a year later I traded it in and drove an 08 Coupe off the showroom floor :cheers:

Not everyone can afford to do that but if you can you'll never have to wonder :burnout:

This time around I did, but nothing I can't handle easily or I wouldn't :2thumbs:

I was just curious.

I paid cash for my two vehicles.

All one dollar bills too.:)

Just kidding about the ones. But I've always wanted to do that.:lol:

All one dollar bills too.:)

Just kidding about the ones. But I've always wanted to do that.:lol:

With what I spent on vehicles this year I don 't think I could carry that many ones without help :lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

I did get some good deals, between the two new vehicles I paid about 22K under sticker for them :D:D:D:D

With what I spent on vehicles this year I don 't think I could carry that many ones without help :lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

I did get some good deals, between the two new vehicles I paid about 22K under sticker for them :D:D:D:D

Thats always cool. Is your Vette broken in yet? How fast have you taken it?

Thats always cool. Is your Vette broken in yet? How fast have you taken it?

Not even close to broken in yet, 2200 miles, but I have had it up to 130 MPH, but it wasn't even trying hard at that point. It gets up there really quick but I think it would take a little more road than I have around here to get it up into the 170's. Not sure I want to go that fast on a public road anyways. I'm too pretty to go to jail :lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

How far have you gone with the M5 ? Do they limit the top speed at 150 ? I think the old M3's were. My friend has one, that is one sweet ride :2thumbs: