Customer Service 866.965.0400

Quick Sealant mutliple application

Ryans09G8

Question

So, I just finished a ready-for-chicago-winter detail on my G8 and as I was buffing off my 2nd application of Quick Sealant, I wondered: what is the benefit of multiple applications of the stuff?

I mean, I've been trained by many years of reading these forums, and just went ahead and started a 2nd layer of sealant like a good Adam's user would:glasses: But when I briefly snapped out of detail-robot mode, I was just curious about the benefits of multiple applications. That was all.

Ryan

2 answers to this question

I did multiple applications on all the leading edges of my truck before I left on my drive from CA to CO and I think it helped a ton... 2 days of high speed bug impacts was no issue.

They type of cross linking product it is you can layer it and it will 'stack' fairly well. I'd say a max of 4-5 applications would be its limit, but I havent' done any real testing to see how far you could push it.

Yeah I guess that makes sense, especially because I apply it in straight lines. The 2nd application, I make sure to make straight lines perpendicular to my 1st layer. I saw how effective it was in your video after your 1000 mile trek!

Thanks for the quick reply Dylan! Curiosity cured:thumbsup: