Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tesla S named Motor Trend Car of the Year

Pure-Vision

Personally I don't see how. I certainly wouldn't want to drive that thing cross country.

While its not for everyone, based on the criteria they used to evaluate it theres an argument that it makes sense as COTY. With a well planned trip and a 300+ mile average range on a charge... you could easily take it cross country. You'd just need to have your stops planned out for charging. Thats more of an infrastructure issue than an issue with the car... almost like holding the price of gas against muscle cars when evaluating. Its not the builders fault gas is expensive or in this case charging stations aren't as widely spread yet.

Its definitely the first 'all electric' car of its kind (alternatives being the nissan leaf?) and having seen them go from prototype to production I'm VERY impressed with the build quality, features, and performance.

Best of all its designed and built right here in the good old US of A... not even cars from the big 3 can say that very much anymore.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

I think it's good to push the industry forward with recognition like this. Don't forget that at one time everyone was against seat belts, and fuel injection, and unleaded fuel, and emissions controls, and airbags, and ABS, and stability control, etc... If we don't move forward the competition will roll right past us. I'm thrilled that the car is American. :2thumbs::patriot:

I think it's good to push the industry forward with recognition like this. Don't forget that at one time everyone was against seat belts, and fuel injection, and unleaded fuel, and emissions controls, and airbags, and ABS, and stability control, etc... If we don't move forward the competition will roll right past us. I'm thrilled that the car is American. :2thumbs::patriot:

I'm all for safety. I guess I am just not the type to spend $100k on a golf cart.

:lol:

GREAT that it's American though!

It's a beautiful car and looks like quality was key when they built it, but until they build one for the masses, I don't see much happening. I'd drive one to work and back. WTH? It does 0-60 in 4 seconds, that's FUN! Only issue is its price tag and the lack of charging stations, not to mention having to wait 5 hours to charge it when it takes 5 minutes to fill a fuel tank.

Chris

Here in my area it's actually not that hard to find public recharging stations... most of the bigger shopping centers have them, as well as some hotels and whatnot. It seems the infrastructure could be starting to gain some momentum.

that's really cool! Out here, it's still hard to find an E85 Station if you need one.