Customer Service 866.965.0400

Machine polish and wax ??

ZSpeed

Question

20 answers to this question

The Super Machine Wax has more of a sealant property to it than the Buttery Wax does, which in turn equals better protection. The shine is also better, though the Buttery Wax is still awesome in its own. Buttery Wax is intended for hand use primarily, as it is easy on easy off. Super Machine Wax is able to be extremely robust, because it is intended for machine application and therefore ease of application and removal is dependent on use of a machine buffer. I tried applying the Machine Wax by hand once, just to see how it would feel, and man was it like spreading gorilla glue around, the stuff is THICK! Removal by hand is also hard, and further proves that the stuff is durable, and really meant for machine use.

I find this interesting, I always thought the shine was about the same it was the protection that was better with the machine wax.

Later,

Some may argue that to be true, but in my opinion the depth and gloss you get with Super Wax is more so than Buttery Wax. Of course, this is my opinion and I may just be imagining things, LOL! :lolsmack:

I have yet to try the Machine Super Wax as I just got it for X-mas and live in Boston.....spring will eventually arrive. I too have heard that the MSW is more of a sealant than a wax which I am quite happy about. Once it gets nice outside I plan to do a full on detail. The MSW will be topped by the Buttery Wax for good measure. We'll see how that goes. :2thumbs:

Someone put this to bed! Just take a black hood, do 1/2 with the SMW, and the other with BW (as per the instructions on the bottle) and see if we can tell the difference.

Someone did this with the wax I use now and the meguires (SP) and while both shined fine on their own, put side by side like this was night and day.

...Someone did this with the wax I use now and the meguires (SP) and while both shined fine on their own, put side by side like this was night and day.

I started uing SMP & Wax a year ago. I had planned on doing the car in a week after my products arrived, but noticed some tell-tale scratches on the rear fender on the day before a show.

I went over the fender with the new products and, with the garage door open, stood back to check it out.

The freshly treated fender jumped out like you cannot believe !! Needless to say the entire car had to be done...:glasses:before the show.. :help:

So YES there is a difference, at least on my car there was !!!!

I ran into a friend at that show and he thought I had repainted the car !! No Lie !!!

Val

Edited by dvalentine

We need more pictures of your car Dennis :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bill , Thanks Buddy.

Truth be told, I don't actually have a lot of pictures..

Too busy driving it !! :burnout:The one of my wife and I was taken for an article that was in the San Francisco Cronicial a year ago.

I'll try and be better about taking some more...

Dennis