Customer Service 866.965.0400

RIMS - Corrosion on Chrome Question?

LaSHOOOOSH

Question

Hey All,

I found a set of 20" BOSS 330 Chrome RIMs in my local area for a really good price.. The seller says no curb rash but some corrosion on the rims.. Not sure how bad till i go see them.

Question for all of you is depending on how much corrosion is on these rims would the Metal Polish #1 and #2 remove corrosion on chrome? Has anyone tried this before?

8 answers to this question

Dont mean to thread jack but what would be the best way to clean chrome? The green wheel cleaner or the all purpose? Also Metal Polish 1 and 2 and than a seal would be the right way to do it? And then a glaze or something on top of it all? Thanks!

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/wheels-trim-undercarriage-engine-bay-detailing/21062.htm

Hope that helps!!

And its hard to say what would clean it if we dont know what shape its in; sometimes people say the rim is corroding cuz it doesnt wipe clean with a rag so it hard to say :)

Thanks for the replys.. I was just looking for general info if someones actual done it before.. The place where these rims are located are about an hour drive away.. I plan on going this week to get a closer look..

Here's the ad so you can get an idea.. Pictures just don't do it though..

These would be for my truck

20" Boss Tire & Rim Package - London Tires, Rims For Sale - Kijiji London Canada.

They don't look like there in horrible shape, those prob have clear coat on them, I use swirl remover polish, FMP, quick sealant, glaze on my husbands black, chrome rims

20DCD551-A039-48AC-AB2F-8FE4117CBEAA-189-000000A14C23FE21.jpg

That's how they turned out, ill be doing one of my chrome ones today so ill see what works on that

Cool keep me posted.. The FAQ's on the BOSS site says this.. They are not clear coated..

Are our Super Finish wheels clear coated?

No. Because they are not, you get some advantages and some disadvantages: Advantages: 1. The wheel’s superfinished parts are much brighter than a machined and clear coated part. 2. There’s no coating to yellow, chip, or craze.3. If there is a mild abrasion to the wheel, it can be polished out without dismounting the tire from the wheel. 4. Your wheels finish can be brought back to nearly its original shine and luster with a small amount of effort. Disadvantages: Non clear coated wheels oxidize and turn grayish in color if not maintained.