Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hyundai Elantra Detailed

Captain Awesome

I upgraded to the Flex during the New Years promotion and decided to give some lovin' to my girlfriend's car this weekend.

There wasn't any wax on the car to begin with, but I still started with a strip wash anyway. I decided I didn't want to work around the pinstripes, so after drying the car I removed them with an eraser wheel. Then a thorough rinse to remove the eraser dust and on to clay. After clay I did some testing to determine what needed to be done as far as polishing. Some spots needed 3-step while most only needed a 2-step. All the polishing was either done with the Flex or the Focus pads on a cordless drill. After Polishing, Machine super sealant was applied and removed 45 min later, then it was allowed to cure for 12 hours. In the morning the car got a wipe down with waterless wash and then a coat of brilliant glaze followed by Americana. Then the glass was cleaned and sealed, and the tires got a coat of SVRT. Then some In and Out on the plastics and IUC in the wheel wells.

Before:

captain-awesome-albums850-4418.jpg

captain-awesome-albums850-4419.jpg

captain-awesome-albums850-4420.jpg

captain-awesome-albums850-4421.jpg

captain-awesome-albums850-4422.jpg

captain-awesome-albums850-4423.jpg

No more pin stripes

captain-awesome-albums850-4424.jpg

This made me really mad. When this panel was repaired the jackarse who painted it taped off to the pin stripes. Since this was the last panel I removed the pin stripes on it was too late at this point. :explode::explode::explode:

captain-awesome-albums850-4425.jpg

After:

captain-awesome-albums850-4426.jpg

captain-awesome-albums850-4427.jpg

captain-awesome-albums850-4428.jpg

captain-awesome-albums850-4429.jpg

captain-awesome-albums850-4430.jpg