Customer Service 866.965.0400

2013 NHL Hockey Season

ChargerMatt

I am a bit of a puck head. I am still rage angry at the ENTIRE NHL due to this BS they just went through...AGAIN.

I am a huge Avalanche fan. Got engaged at the Pepsi Center, during a game even. Thanks to my wife, I am a puck head, and thanks to Mook, she is a seam head for the Red Sox.

The Avs are still missing Ryan O'Reilly. He was playing in Russia in the KHL as late as last week and was released of his contract due to a foot injury. Ryan was the 33rd pick in the draft the same year we took Matt Duchene with the overall number 3 pick. Really coming into his own last season as being the hardest working player we have, he is our top C on the PK, is on a PP line, and really demonstrates how to play the game the right way. Whether his agent is asking for too much money (I think so) or the Avalanche front office is being stingy (known for such things since they are the "stepchildren" of Kroenke Sports Entertainment), but he needs to get back on the ice ASAP. We need his leadership.

The Avalanche have a good young core of players in Matt Duchene, Erik Johnson, Ryan O'Reilly, and most of all 19 year old Captain, Gabriel Landeskog. The Swedish native, Playing Canadian Juniors from the time he was an early teenager, he was named Cap in the offseason here, and has all of everything to be the next Mats Sundin or even better. Both he and Duchene idolized the Avs growing up as their favorite players were Patrick Roy, Joe Sakic, and Peter Forsberg.

I expect the Avs to make the playoffs this season as a 6 or 7 seed. The ownership just doesn't have the commitment to trying to win like they used to.

The Avs played the Sharks on Saturday, and Brad Stuart got away with a cheapshot on Landeskog. The Avs trying to retaliate, took the bait, ended up with a 4:00 PK, and subsequently lost the game 4-0. The [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGahFja1F1A]hit in question on Gabriel Landeskog[/ame] could have gone either way, but I think it was dirty. He should have been suspended but won't be. Conspiracy theorists can believe it's because Stuart used to play for the Red Wings, and the NHL Disciplinary Head is Brendan Shanahan, who also used to play for the Red Wings...

I am a bit of a puck head. I am still rage angry at the ENTIRE NHL due to this BS they just went through...AGAIN.

I am a huge Avalanche fan. Got engaged at the Pepsi Center, during a game even. Thanks to my wife, I am a puck head, and thanks to Mook, she is a seam head for the Red Sox.

The Avs are still missing Ryan O'Reilly. He was playing in Russia in the KHL as late as last week and was released of his contract due to a foot injury. Ryan was the 33rd pick in the draft the same year we took Matt Duchene with the overall number 3 pick. Really coming into his own last season as being the hardest working player we have, he is our top C on the PK, is on a PP line, and really demonstrates how to play the game the right way. Whether his agent is asking for too much money (I think so) or the Avalanche front office is being stingy (known for such things since they are the "stepchildren" of Kroenke Sports Entertainment), but he needs to get back on the ice ASAP. We need his leadership.

The Avalanche have a good young core of players in Matt Duchene, Erik Johnson, Ryan O'Reilly, and most of all 19 year old Captain, Gabriel Landeskog. The Swedish native, Playing Canadian Juniors from the time he was an early teenager, he was named Cap in the offseason here, and has all of everything to be the next Mats Sundin or even better. Both he and Duchene idolized the Avs growing up as their favorite players were Patrick Roy, Joe Sakic, and Peter Forsberg.

I expect the Avs to make the playoffs this season as a 6 or 7 seed. The ownership just doesn't have the commitment to trying to win like they used to.

The Avs played the Sharks on Saturday, and Brad Stuart got away with a cheapshot on Landeskog. The Avs trying to retaliate, took the bait, ended up with a 4:00 PK, and subsequently lost the game 4-0. The hit in question on Gabriel Landeskog could have gone either way, but I think it was dirty. He should have been suspended but won't be. Conspiracy theorists can believe it's because Stuart used to play for the Red Wings, and the NHL Disciplinary Head is Brendan Shanahan, who also used to play for the Red Wings...

Great Post.

Saturday's game was brutal, I feel bad for Varly. Three of Sharks goals our D just left a man in front of the net. We had way too many penalties and didn't allow our offense any time to get any kind of momentum. I'm hoping for better game tonight but it'll be tough as Oilers have a lot of young talent.

Great Post.

Saturday's game was brutal, I feel bad for Varly. Three of Sharks goals our D just left a man in front of the net. We had way too many penalties and didn't allow our offense any time to get any kind of momentum. I'm hoping for better game tonight but it'll be tough as Oilers have a lot of young talent.

It's not like we've been exactly good on the PK since Blake and Foote left before the last lockout anyway. Varly is poised to have one heck of a season if his D can stay at home and not screen him too much.

Mook I see nothing wrong with that hit?

Watch the elbow. Head was a major point of contact. Everything the NHL says they are trying to get rid of, especially when a player leaves his feet. THAT is called Charging. They say they want to get rid of it, yet they don't punish when it happens.

I will say Landeskog should have had his head up. That's not a free pass however, to take a cheap shot at someone's livelihood. Landeskog is now out indefinitely, with head and neck injuries.

Mook I see nothing wrong with that hit?

Matt I have to agree with Mook on this one. For years the league has been trying to make the game cleaner. The increase in the interference penalties have been astounding. Yes he should have had his head up but it was a high hit and he should have played the puck. With that said I think because of the lockout and shorter season the refs might let more slip through the cracks.If The league is worried about the amount of concussions per year per player then that hit goes against their thinking about protecting the players more. And with a lot of the helmet companies trying to come up with a helmet that has more shock protection I see hits like this falling by the wayside and becoming outlawed so to speak. Look at all the publicity the nfl retired players are rustling up about there lives after football and all the lawsuits I can see this happening to hockey because I really think it is more dangerous than football! Just my opinion of course. Go Rangers!!!!

• 1 month later...

Last night game for AVS was fun to watch in 3rd. Why can't we play a full game without major breakdown. First period was a joke. Seemed like only one player played for the AVS and everyone else just watched. Freaking frustrating. But they won and Landy's goal was a beauty.

Woot! ROR is back with the Avs, albeit after their tight-bootied front office finally dug their collective heads out...

I expect the Avs to miss the playoffs this and every season until Greg Sherman and Pierre LaCroix are no longer with the organization. Their clear lack of touch with the current game and how it's supposed to be ran is laughable. Ask the rest of the league.

Woot! ROR is back with the Avs, albeit after their tight-bootied front office finally dug their collective heads out...

I expect the Avs to miss the playoffs this and every season until Greg Sherman and Pierre LaCroix are no longer with the organization. Their clear lack of touch with the current game and how it's supposed to be ran is laughable. Ask the rest of the league.

Agree 100%

I'd say lets get Ruff behind the bench. Sherman and Sacco have to go.

Agree 100%

I'd say lets get Ruff behind the bench. Sherman and Sacco have to go.

The latest things I have heard are Marc Crawford kissing and making up with the Avs an we bring him back in. I know Sakic would consider that highly or even Patrick Roy. Clearly both Stastny and Jones are getting paid like top 6 Forwards, however are playing like 4th liners. I say we package both of them for a real blue-liner or an actual Top 6 winger.

:rockon:

Okay, will somebody beat the dang blackhawks? This is getting ridiculous.

Sunday at noon, they meet their makers.

no way. they are on a roll! Love watching them play this "short season"

no way. they are on a roll! Love watching them play this "short season"

Hawks are a fun team to watch but they are peaking way to early. Once some of their players start cooling off it'll be playoff time and that's where most people start to heat up. I wish them best of luck as they are entertaining to watch but I don't see them going at this rate for long.