Customer Service 866.965.0400

Finally detailed my Camaro!

BoNeZ

Awesome thanks a lot ihaveacamaro. How would u go about cleaning pads for the polisher? I'm going to look into a foam gun now. But how would u load in the actual car shampoo? Is it straight shampoo? Or a solution?

Awesome thanks a lot ihaveacamaro. How would u go about cleaning pads for the polisher? I'm going to look into a foam gun now. But how would u load in the actual car shampoo? Is it straight shampoo? Or a solution?

use the adams all purpose cleaner and it's better if you have a foaming sprayer. Spray a few squirts of the APC as foam onto the pad and use a nylon brush and scrub it. Rinse it out in the sink and squeeze excess water out. Take a towel (I like to use my not so great mf towels for this purpose) and squeeze any excess water out into the towel.

Lay the pads face down in a clean dry place, so that any water remaining goes out of the face of the pad instead of the other way and into the adhesive backing.

So u wouldn't use car shampoo in the foam sprayer? And how often do u wash ur car after a 3 step proccess of polishing and wax? I'm use to washing my car every Sunday. Is that fine? Should I wax again or just detail spray?

So u wouldn't use car shampoo in the foam sprayer? And how often do u wash ur car after a 3 step proccess of polishing and wax? I'm use to washing my car every Sunday. Is that fine? Should I wax again or just detail spray?

Oh no I think you have me confused.

Foaming sprayer is the sprayer head on the bottle of APC. The actual thing on the bottle that shoots out the APC. I was talking about this in regards to cleaning your pads.

Foam gun is the thing that attaches to the hose. Yeah you want to put car shampoo in there.

How often do I wash my car? I wash it 3 times a week, but most people on this forum probably wash it once a week. Most people in general never wash their car :lolsmack:

Yeah, washing your car every sunday is totally fine.

After your wash, detail spray is fine. After a month or two, either rewax or strip away all protection and then rewax :2thumbs:

Lol thanks I think I confused myself at that point. One more question what do u mean by strip all wax? How would I go about doing? And also thanks for answering all of my questions bro I really appreciate it a lot

Lol thanks I think I confused myself at that point. One more question what do u mean by strip all wax? How would I go about doing? And also thanks for answering all of my questions bro I really appreciate it a lot

Glad to help :thumbsup:

Stripping all wax means just that, removing all wax from the car.

Add 2 to 3 ounces of adam's all purpose cleaner with 2 to 3 ounces of car shampoo to 4 to 5 gallons of water in a bucket. Now use that to wash your car. The all purpose cleaner in the solution should strip off the wax.

This is done to make a surface on the car that is only paint. No oils, no leftover wax or sealant, nothing but paint.

Then with a surgically clean paint finish, you can apply wax over that. The paint being so clean and free of contaminants will actually allow the wax to last longer, and theoretically look better too.

:cheers: