Customer Service 866.965.0400

I have things in my cart, but can't pull trigger

Longhauler

Question

This will be my first purchase Of Adam's products. I have the Adam's Machine Polishing kit with the PC and the leather interior care kit in my cart. One side of me says don't spend that much money on cleaning supplies and the other side says do it I'm tired of that craftsman buffer, what to do what to do, anyone else do the samething, put things in their cart and just look at it for a couple days? :help:

Once you use the products you'll wonder why you waited so long!:pc:

Since this is your first purchase, maybe you'd rather start with some of the basic products to lay the foundation for your machine polishing. Don't get me wrong, I recommend the PC kit, too. But if you're trying to rationalize things, it will be much easier to go for the big stuff after you see how much of an improvement you get just from the regular wash supplies...and of course the Detail Spray.:cheers:

Edited by Redbeard

Once you use the products you'll wonder why you waited so long!:pc:

Since this is your first purchase, maybe you'd rather start with some of the basic products to lay the foundation for your machine polishing. Don't get me wrong, I recommend the PC kit, too. But if you're trying to rationalize things, it will be much easier to go for the big stuff after you see how much of an improvement you get just from the regular wash supplies...and of course the Detail Spray.:cheers:

Redbeard,

Thanks for the advice I was kinda thinking the samething, but I figured I would be kicking myself for not getting the machine kit, I just need to do it.

I TOTALLY know what you're going through! I bought it up slowly! Another thing to do is wait for daily or weekly specials, or holiday specials. That's how I buy most of my product now.

I think I started with Buttery Wax and some towels and now have a PC, and a Flex and ALL the stuff that goes with them.

Where in IL are you? There may be a member close that can show you what it's all about.

Also, keep in mind that using a PC on your truck to correct the paint will take a solid 15+ hours if it's been swirled up. I guess you need to ask yourself what exactly you want to accomplish... Keeping a DD corrected is frustratingly difficult, but possible.

Chris

I TOTALLY know what you're going through! I bought it up slowly! Another thing to do is wait for daily or weekly specials, or holiday specials. That's how I buy most of my product now.

I think I started with Buttery Wax and some towels and now have a PC, and a Flex and ALL the stuff that goes with them.

Where in IL are you? There may be a member close that can show you what it's all about.

Also, keep in mind that using a PC on your truck to correct the paint will take a solid 15+ hours if it's been swirled up. I guess you need to ask yourself what exactly you want to accomplish... Keeping a DD corrected is frustratingly difficult, but possible.

Chris

Chewy,

I mainly want a better buffer then my craftsman to buff my fifth wheel and I'm looking for products that will last. I usually wash it every weekend and don't want to wax it every month. I live in Heyworth, IL. Thanks for your response.

Don't start that, guys. Most of us don't want to think about the totals. I'd rather just enjoy my clean rides and think of how much I've saved on Daily Specials and holiday sales.:mail:

Don't get me wrong. I have zero regrets for what I have spent. I am not done yet. Still building up my inventory. I enjoy the results and I have also impressed a friend with the detail I did on her Solara. Her husband was more impressed then she was. I see it as a good addiction and also therapy for me. :thumbsup:

This will be my first purchase Of Adam's products. I have the Adam's Machine Polishing kit with the PC and the leather interior care kit in my cart. One side of me says don't spend that much money on cleaning supplies and the other side says do it I'm tired of that craftsman buffer, what to do what to do, anyone else do the same thing, put things in their cart and just look at it for a couple days? :help:

I started out with the Basic Wash Kit and before I even used it I had already put in three more orders. I now have ordered eight time since the end of January and the products that Adam's has are fantastic. I have not used my PC yet only because of the weather in my area. If you have the $$$ and you know that you will want it all I see no problem in getting a big kit as long as it has the stuff in it that you are going to use. If you are not sure on what you are going to use then purchase it in increments. Just remember you get a 10% discount from the forum and there Daily and Weekly Specials are another reason that you might want to wait and get things a little at a time.

Good luck with all of your purchases from Adam's,

:cheers:

Oh, And welcome to the Adam's World's Best Detail Forum....... :welcomebanner:

Edited by BluedogGMC

Chewy,

I mainly want a better buffer then my craftsman to buff my fifth wheel and I'm looking for products that will last. I usually wash it every weekend and don't want to wax it every month. I live in Heyworth, IL. Thanks for your response.

Oh, just South on Normal... That's 2.5 hours from me... :(

The PC is NOT a buffer so keep that in mind. It's a polisher. If you want the best of both worlds, the Flex unit with its forced rotation might be a better choice. Have you watched the videos? They're VERY well done and TOTALLY educational! :bow:

Chris

I was in the same boat. I sit here at work everyday and get on the website and look at things I want and the things I need. :help: I add all of them to shopping cart. See what Price I have and then move and delete and add different things till I get to where I want it.

Allways beware of the daily specials and weekly specials. :2thumbs:

Mook has a great idea like a wish list. Should help you out.

The one thing that put me over on getting the Flex Upgrade kit was the 14% Valentine Day sale. Man you can not beat it when Adams does sales and all the specials. But Also I used my pay-pal account. Used the Bill Me Later feature and got no Int-payments for 6 months on the deal. :rockon:

:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::mail:

WOW some of you guys go all out, I think I have decided on the total machine polish and wash kit with the PC along with the glaze and pad in the interior cleaner and the pad cleaning brush. That seems like it will be a good start to my collection

I don't mean to sound stupid here, but whats the difference between a buffer and the PC. Will those Craftsman buffers for the same as the PC and is one better then the other?

Thanks for any info and thanks a lot for all the info so far you guys have been great.

I would HIGHLY recommend you watch the vids! A buffer or rotary tool spins in one direction and a PC is a random orbital or DA unit meaning you can't burn through paint and you can correct paint MUCH easier.

Watch the vids!!!

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

I would HIGHLY recommend you watch the vids! A buffer or rotary tool spins in one direction and a PC is a random orbital or DA unit meaning you can't burn through paint and you can correct paint MUCH easier.

Watch the vids!!!

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

I'll do that, thanks for the info

Still kind of going through this phase. I did purchase the PC kit and some other goodies last summer and did make some progress. However, I figured out that I was still not washing properly so after doing a full day or weekend's worth of paint correction, I was just reintroducing swirls to the paint the next time I washed.

So my personal opinion (and goal this spring) is to perfect a proper two bucket wash first then work on my polishing technique.

Work smarter not harder :cool:

Still kind of going through this phase. I did purchase the PC kit and some other goodies last summer and did make some progress. However, I figured out that I was still not washing properly so after doing a full day or weekend's worth of paint correction, I was just reintroducing swirls to the paint the next time I washed.

So my personal opinion (and goal this spring) is to perfect a proper two bucket wash first then work on my polishing technique.

Work smarter not harder :cool:

You just have to watch it over and over. I am just starting to get the hang of it. There is nothing worse the getting a swirl free car and then self destructing and taking it back to where it was.

2 Bucket Wash Video | Vehicle Detailing | Car Care